Oil pan heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think I'm going to go with that one. I reached out the company in Manitoba by e-mail with a couple questions and he e-mailed me back tonight with the answers and was quite courteous. Seems like a solid company. Plus with Amazon Prime it's no hassle returns and free shipping back.

The area on the bottom of the oil pan going from drain plug to center of pan would be my choice. I have found Wolverine's in different shapes to allow that. You would need to route the wire so it does not interfere with the drain plug. Heat rises, lowest part of the pan is best location for effectiveness.
The pads I have used are peel and stick and then coat the edges with a supplied silicon to ensure water tight fit.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Seeing as there isn't really a flat surface anywhere on this oil pan I think I'm going to stick it on the front of the pan instead of the bottom where there seams to be a somewhat of a flat surface.

Get a silicone one - they contour well.
oilpanh...a3-jpg.1604196

P1010632_zps0754dfbe.jpg~original

I have used wolverine brand but about 2 years ago I bought a few cheap ebay pan heaters -looked the same as wolverine but you have to add power plug -they have worked fine for last 3 years -I think these silicone heater pads are all made in china anyway -there is not much to them-just heating wires imbedded in silicone with a temp sensor that cycles them on & off to prevent overheating.Available in several sizes and wattages & about 1/4 cost of wolverine and other brand names.

Not to be sarcastic, but this just reinforces my decision to move from Chicago to Phoenix 26 years ago. Puts into perspective all of what I've been "missing". 60F this morning as I type this
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back