Nissan Frontier Hardbody Edition

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Other than the wheels not sure what other Hardbody cues there are but they're trying. Payload isn't very good. Nissan trucks rusted badly BITD in Pa but guys sure did beat on them.

1711043615495.jpeg

My dealer in the day only sold Datsuns with paint treatment and Rusty Jones...that's why mine faired better than your PA. Buds.
Looking back anything Japanese in the day should have had aftermarket rust treatment...they all rusted. I thought it was a joke but mine did great except for paint fading etc and the coverage plan paid for it.

Trying to capitalize on the name that sold a lot of trucks. Following the rest of the maker with Ranger Bronco etc. The OEM's know what generations have the money. Although I have no idea what new trucks look like on the inside, this pickup looks good & I hope they're reliable as the old HB. I air bagged mine with suicide doors, set up for 20's... :ROFLMAO:

Sales 066 (2).JPG

I had a 1991 and 1997 hardbody. Most reliable and trouble free vehicles I have ever owned.
First one had over 300,000 mile when I sold it. Only batteries, oil changes and one set of brakes. Think the EGR valve needed cleaned once. Set of shocks and exhaust rotting out was the worst problem. Did not warm up enough back there to burn out the moisture. I drilled a hole at the lowest point to let the water out.

But they were the worst rust buckets I have ever owned. Live in the Iowa rust belt.

Looks cool!

I could slap a black bumper cover on my 2022, take the steps off the OEM step sides and have a partial Hardbody.

I need a new bumper cover, grille and left headlight still after hitting a deer in December.

Thankfully the rust situation got so much better with the 2nd gen Frontiers.

Last edited:
I like them but it’s my understanding it’s either a base or the next step up with the roll bar and wheels at a premium price.

I’m interested in one of these (with NISMO goodies) or the Taco for my next truck. I don’t need or want a full sized truck.

I like them but it’s my understanding it’s either a base or the next step up with the roll bar and wheels at a premium price.

I’m interested in one of these (with NISMO goodies) or the Taco for my next truck. I don’t need or want a full sized truck.
I think you'll find most of them on the lot to be decently equipped SV models and Pro4x's. Mostly crew cab, 4x4, short beds. S-models are fairly rare and SV crew cab long beds are very rare. The MSRP w/destination on my 2022 CC, 4x4 S-model with tech package, side steps, folding rear step and some other options was around $36500. I'm sure it higher now of course. I believe I have the most basic head unit and they're all touch screen.

Unfortunately yes.

The S model does have a regular key though.

They could at least have given the "hardbody" version the locking rear diff, since its the most expensive trim they have now.

Thanks for sharing @AZjeff !

My S-model has a fob and push button start. I thought all 2022+ did. Nissan keyless FOBs are a PITA too. There's no DIY programming of FOBs unless you have the programming equipment.

My S-model has a fob and push button start. I thought all 2022+ did. Nissan keyless FOBs are a PITA too. There's no DIY programming of FOBs unless you have the programming equipment.
Yes, I probably said that wrong. The S has a normal FOB with buttons to unlock, and a push button start.

The higher models have the "intelligent key" that you don't have to take out of your pocket, just walk up to the vehicle and grab the handle. I personally think its much less secure.

Reactions: JTK
Back