"My Pillow"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Kira
I find the "My Pillow" a bit over-stuffed. It is too high for me.

That's a problem I run into with pillows. I need a flat one.

Fluffy big towel?

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
There are more helpful reviews on Amazon than you'll ever get here.

Me? I always sleep on my stomach and never put my head on a pillow. If anything, I'll put a pillow
over my head because I feel more comfortable that way. My headboard is metal rails and allows me to breathe.

I used to sleep just like that. I was an MP guarding nukes where they had a conventional weapons demil operation going. The first year I was there they decided the old 8” shells stored since who knows when , probably WW2,we’re too unsafe to disassemble. So they blew them in an underground bunker. We had a minor earthquake every half hour for weeks all while trying to sleep from week long mid shifts. No curtains on the windows either
mad.gif
I learned to wrap up in those cheap Army pillows like a pig in a blanket

Originally Posted By: pandus13
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Kira
I find the "My Pillow" a bit over-stuffed. It is too high for me.

That's a problem I run into with pillows. I need a flat one.

Fluffy big towel?

They sell different fills and sizes. I like mine.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
It's a pillow with heavy marketing behind it. Take the marketing away, and it's no different than any other pillow on the shelf.

My Pillow came recommended by my doctor. Used it for years. Washed many times. Other pillows I have used compress and washing messed them up. It is more than marketing. It is the best pillow I have ever used.

There is also no such thing as the national sleep association, the inventor of My Pillow invented that as well and used his pillow to advertise it. I think you can find a better pillow for 50$ they want.

My wife and I fell for buying 2 my pillows a couple of years back, We had some $40.00 off deal from Bed Bath Beyond., so we paid about $30.00 each. They are hot, lumpy, and they go pancake flat at the slightest pressure. My wife did not like it and I woke up with a neck and headache. I cannot even rate it as a as a decent cat pillow, as our cats will not even sleep on it. I expected it to be a decent pillow at least but it was a huge disappointment. Returned them back to Bed, Bath beyond for refund. IMHO the "My Pillow" does not live up to all the hype. I feel sorry for those who paid $100.00 for the pillows. The MY Pillow" is the "Slick 50" of pillows, IMO.Over stuffed with cheap foam and overpriced as well. I find the constant radio ads where he claims to have invented the "my pillow" very annoying and untrue, he stuffed some chopped up foam in a pillow case and claimed he invented it. LOL!!! I would not recommend. Any $10.00 pillow from Target, Kohls or Shopko is a way better value and quality.

O P here. Yeah I was just curious. I have a shredded memory foam pillow and I`m ok with it. I wouldn`t mind trying one though but I wouldn`t want to fork out that much money.

I believe COOP Home Products Makes the better pillow.
I did research a couple years ago and went with the COOP.
http://www.bamboopillows.net/coop-home-goods-vs-snuggle-pedic-vs-my-pillow/

I think if you do jthe research you will agree. My Pillow is over-hyped-over advertised and consequently over priced. The Coop pillow has theirj filler independently tested and certified :

". The foam is independently tested, analyzed and accredited by testing laboratories to guarantee high standard of manufacturing. Coop Home Goods pillows also meet the standards set by CeriPUR-US that acknowledges content, emissions and durability. For consumer safety the manufacturers ensure that the pillow is made without ozone depleters, PBDEs, TDCPP, TCEP flame retardants, mercury, lead and heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates regulated by the CPSC, or CFCs."

Ikea memory foam pillow. $14, best pillow ever!

They have two. You want the contoured one that's harder. After a night of getting used to it be prepared to dream hard!

I love it. Wash it 3-4 times a year. I went thru many pillows thru the years and would recommend these to all. Form n shape to your neck n head

About six months ago, my wife won a "waterbed pillow" as a door prize. Yes, you actually fill it with water. I hated it and we were ready to throw it out when she decided to try it. She loves it. About the only disadvantage to it is that it's heavy and you don't just move it around like foam or feather pillow.

I have one and I can't be without it. I was dealing with constant neck and shoulder pains until I started using a My Pillow. My pain literally went away after the first night I slept on it. They get flat over time, but run them through the washer and dryer once in a while and puff right back up. It's the only comfortable pillow I've ever had...

It's a pillow with heavy marketing behind it. Take the marketing away, and it's no different than any other pillow on the shelf.

Exactly. I also avoid anything that says "as seen on TV" on the packaging.

Originally Posted By: funflyer

Exactly. I also avoid anything that says "as seen on TV" on the packaging.

The marketing didn't get rid of my neck and shoulder pain, but the pillow did...

I bought one last month and I like it a lot. I've not had any back pain since using it. I've tried various pillows over the years and like this one the best so far. The one I had been using I had bought at Sam's and is supposedly Hotel quality. I liked it pretty well but would still get back pain occasionally with it.

One could go to any fabric store, buy some bulk foam, stuff it into a pillow case and have a pillow that is 10 times better for 1/10th the price. That guy who claims he "Invented the my pillow" just stuffed some chopped up foam into a pillow case, but charges $100.00 a pillow instead of $10.00. It should be called "slick pillow" because it is pure hype like slick 50.

I'm 66, always used Down pillows, hate foam pillows, hate then when vacationing. I like a flat pillow, that's why I like down. I tried the buckwheat pillow and it wasn't for me. My wife bought 2 My Pillows, large and medium. The large is too thick, the medium isn't bad, maybe I should have tried the thin one. She likes the medium also, thinking about unzipping the large and removing fill. I've been using the pillow for 2 years and it's good. The only foam pillow I've liked. Over the years I've tried several of my wife's and haven't liked any of them.

I am sure the pillow is OK, but I don't like the guy peddling it. He irks me some how. Just too infantile, the way he cradles it like a baby. I wait for him to suck his thumb, LOL.

Originally Posted By: BJD78
One could go to any fabric store, buy some bulk foam, stuff it into a pillow case and have a pillow that is 10 times better for 1/10th the price. That guy who claims he "Invented the my pillow" just stuffed some chopped up foam into a pillow case, but charges $100.00 a pillow instead of $10.00. It should be called "slick pillow" because it is pure hype like slick 50.

Apparently you haven't read any of the posts from people who like these pillows...and where have you seen them for $100? I paid $35 for mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back