Motorcycle groups and Jeep groups

I rented the trail rated Cherokee - was surprisingly comfortable - and still kept it real with 4Lo in the mix of automated drive combo’s …
Its not as small as it looks because they obviously wanted the approach and departure that Jeep is known for …
Friend of mine went from a TJ to the Cherokee Trailhawk when they came out. I just asked him about it, and he has been very happy with it - on and off road. He commented that it wasn't a "real" offroader but takes him anywhere he cares to go anymore. He paid a bunch for it, but there in a decent price point now. Maybe I will try one, since the newest Xterra I can buy is now 9 years old.

So I think your the one that made it a Wrangler vs whatever.
I thought it amusing that a Jeep was allowed if someone could "vouch for him". Tried for some humor and failed. I'd really like to own a 2015 Pro4-X .

I recently had a guy from a Jeep board send me a set OEM tow hooks worth around $50 for the cost of shipping so not every Jeep owner is a mouth breathing idiot. There's just so many more Jeeps out there you're bound to run into more boneheads.

Many Motorcycle groups ride together,,Honda folks, Harley folks and Yamaha folks,,, Jeep folks I have notice take their doors off and ride in jeep groups,,its fun.......................never have I witnessed a group of standard sedan folks on group rides,,,its just not done usually....................cars are boring most of the time, imho,,,motorcycle groups are happy people and it appears the jeep folks are too....Jeep folks even have Jeep Camps, cool. Cars folks not so much...well maybe corvette folks have fun ...ok, im done..
When I was growing up, my Dad and Friends' Dads could have had a woody station wagon gang. It certainly looked that way when we went on Boy Scout campouts. Instead of colors, tattoos, or bandanas, they were a bunch of badasses with pocket protectors.

Friend of mine went from a TJ to the Cherokee Trailhawk when they came out. I just asked him about it, and he has been very happy with it - on and off road. He commented that it wasn't a "real" offroader but takes him anywhere he cares to go anymore. He paid a bunch for it, but there in a decent price point now. Maybe I will try one, since the newest Xterra I can buy is now 9 years old.
The Cherokee Trailhawk is actually pretty capable. It effectively has a locking differential effect on both ends.

I thought it amusing that a Jeep was allowed if someone could "vouch for him". Tried for some humor and failed. I'd really like to own a 2015 Pro4-X .

I recently had a guy from a Jeep board send me a set OEM tow hooks worth around $50 for the cost of shipping so not every Jeep owner is a mouth breathing idiot. There's just so many more Jeeps out there you're bound to run into more boneheads.
No hard feelings on my end. My point was the Nissan "groups" are not territorial, so if you run into one by chance don't hesitate to say hi - unlike sometimes other groups. The vouch part has more to do with there going to behave on or off the trail with trash and stuff - they don't want their group associated with damaging something or getting a trail closed, etc.

Oh I just remembered. We have a group of people that drive around in their 70's hippy vans! Sidepipes,visors,cragar wheels and heart windows on them all.
1705007429897.jpg

I think when you meet people that have common but unique interests, everything else becomes more interesting due to the common thread.
I joined BMW CCA in 1982 and I’ve made dozens of friends from literally all walks of life. We attend national events every few years and it’s always a lot of fun seeing old friends and making new ones.

Not exactly sedans there's groups for some cars.. did 30-40 mile ride to a Wilbers. A lot of meetups every year with the Festivas, I try to make it to one at least. Also every week there's scooter meet ups in KC. The RVer meet ups are probably a bit different though 😂
IMG_1669.jpeg

i went off-roading with a Toyota group last Saturday, i broke my transfer case at the second obstacle and had to get a ride home though.

there's not many Mitsubishi 4x4 groups in my area that do trail runs. so i started following the Toyotas around, because i can go anywhere a stock 4runner can.

i went off-roading with a Toyota group last Saturday, i broke my transfer case at the second obstacle and had to get a ride home though.

there's not many Mitsubishi 4x4 groups in my area that do trail runs. so i started following the Toyotas around, because i can go anywhere a stock 4runner can.
As long as it’s not past the 2nd obstacle?

As long as it’s not past the 2nd obstacle?
Heh you got me there. I've done this trail before, and other longer (but less technical) ones. My transfer case just decided to only have neutral that day, so i had to trailer it home. I think the high-low shift fork got stuck somewhere in the middle.

Anyhow i just have to get to the last few bolts on top of the transfer case and then I'll know what broke.

Reactions: 4WD
I ride in a group called the “Romeos”. “ RETIRED OLD MEN EATING OUT “. We meet at a local McDonald’s at 08:00 every Wednesday weather permitting then ride to typically a mom and pops restaurant for breakfast and a BS session. After breakfast we normally ride to an out of the way place for ice cream and another BS session then head back home. It’s a very diverse group riding everything from 400cc Suzuki Bergman’s to $40,000 Harleys and Goldwings, a Slingshot and all makes in between and everyone is welcome! We typically ride between 150 and 200 miles most every Wednesday and have anywhere between 5 and 10 riders. We ride the Blue Ridge Parkway a lot and In peak riding weather we have to break up into two groups leaving five minutes apart. We have several members who are in their mid 80’s and one 79 year old woman who rides a 1,000 cc Suzuki VStrom. It’s great fun with a lot of good natured banter. 🏍️

I can't do clubs anymore. I've done Corvette, Jeep, Harley Clubs and they all seem to be nothing more than people bragging and acting like kids. Then you have your "clicks" and the near impossible perfect ride scenario because everyone follows different rules. I just get on the Harley, Jeep or Corvette and ride myself on my terms. I will ride with a few other Harley guys I know because its easy to coordinate a couple guys vs 50+.

Back