Loud motorcycles are back

Hasn't happened yet this winter, here.
That is ok, we will find a way...

1673373846070.jpeg

I live on a hill and the full throttle at midnight wakeup all summer gets old.
I mean these are 10x louder than a semi with exhaust brake on.

I also live in the biggest speed trap in town so.. there is lots of poetic justice.
20mph school zone above me.. and 25 bridge below me.. 35mph at my house.

Since I've been here I've had 6+ times I couldnt pull into my drive due to idiot pulling over and stopping AT my drive..
300ft plus no driveway after me.. 80ft no drive before house.

Funniest story was the neighbor had an aggressive dog... it got me once and I sprained my knee..
next time it got the shovel to the face when it tried 50ft into my yard... we had a truce after that.
Note: I didnt swing shovel just moved it and dog ran into it trying to take me out. This was a 80-100lb LARGE lab mix type.

So same dog....
Saw a motorcycle pulled over thought he got the speeding ticket.. nope the dog ran from behind house out into road and the bike hit it denting his fender.

Last edited:
Loud pipes are to bikes what rolling coal is to diesel trucks.

The feds went after the aftermarket guys who sold performance chips for the trucks for rolling coal. There are federal noise standards on vehicles, and changing exhausts can affect emissions. How long before the feds go after the aftermarket guys who sell loud pipes for motorcycles?

My 2008 Suzuki DL1000 Vstrom with a Akropovic can was just as loud as my Harley Superglide with Vance and Hines baffled exhaust at WOT! Blipping the throttle on either bike can be seen as either obnoxiously loud noise or music to the ears. I’ve observed many a Gold Wing with the sound system cranked up for anyones ‘enjoyment‘ within 300 feet and Honda Groms with a loud can the size of a 68 Buicks muffler and as offensive/irritating as any Harley to most. My last trip to Deals Gap to ride the Tail Of The Dragon there was a ‘gaggle’ of Groms leaving the NC side and heading down US129 into the Tennessee side that sounded like an angry swarm of bees on acid. No less irritating than a ‘pack’ of Harley’s doing the same!

Right...the snowplow scraping the street is so much quieter than the occasional loud motorcycle. :rolleyes:
Yes. Yes they are.

Plus my house is a ways away from the road. And the plows, if I am out and driving around, when I have to pass them, are still not that loud.

I've been passed by a HD and had my car window open. And it was ear-bleeding loud.

I'll take snowplows 6 days a week and twice on Sundays.

Hey, its 70 degrees in East Tennessee,,,,yep more of those darn old Motorcycles----we rode yesterday ,95 mriles with a few breaks, ....twisitng roads, beautiful scenery, no deer this trip or turkeys, but give it time...never a dull moment, in 5 minutes the Cumberland Plateau is our playground and Fall Creek Falls near Spencer Tn is always nice stop......It really takes years to see all this , did I mention Cookeville, Monterey, Jamestown and Oakdale,,,,dont let them birthdays run up on ya,,,lets ride..............................

If you're gonna straight pipe a motorcycle it better sound good. Like turbo Hayabusa good. Nobody wants to hear your 30hp Harley that can't corner or off-road.

2 strokes sound good, they get an exemption

It warmed up for a bit, I was able to get out on my bicycle. Moved like 6" of snow today, so a bit of a reprieve from those loud bikes. Not sure, winter is getting old, but in the fall I look forward to snow: I've never ever looked forward to loud bikes. :unsure:

I mostly have to deal with loud as crap mosquito sized airplanes that fly under the legal altitude over my land yet the FAA claims they see nothing wrong.

I want to install some 500ft towers just to prove a point 🤣

Back