Mobil 0w 40 FS vs 0w 40 ESP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Crobinson16
What are the differences between the FS and ESP 0W 40 Mobil oils. Is one better for a GDI over the other. TBN, noack? The ESP came out for the new Corvette spec, but I wasn't sure what the difference was to warrant a different 0w 40 from what they already have. I have a 6.2 GDI motor in my new 2018 Silverado which is basically the same motor with different cam , intake and other things. I would think a truck motor would be subject to harsher environment and running conditions just from the weight difference between the two vehicles let alone if any towing is done with the truck. I drained the factory fill 0 20 after the first 800 miles and have been running 5 30 Mobil EP. Seeing the new spec 0 40 for the Corvette has me wanting to use that during next oil change. Thoughts?

0W-40 for the Corvette is in case for track use. Do you track your truck? 6000 RPM? They allow dexos1 Gen 2 5W-30 otherwise. Also, 0W-40 FS is calcium-based full-SAPS ("FS") and definitely quite off-the-spec for your truck.

If 0W-20 is the factory spec, go with the PAO-based M1 EP 0W-20 SN PLUS. You won't get a better off-the-shelf oil in US. With the PAO/POE base oil and Infineum organic friction modifier (OFM), your engine will run and sound as smooth as it can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back