McDonald McRib sandwich is coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the McFish or Fish Filet as it is called in their song. Why would you need ever go fishing if you can get real Alaskan Cod in a Mickey Dees sammich with tartar sauce!

Last edited:
McDonalds has struggled to re-invent itself. The McRib.. is an oddball.

If you like it you like it, but go get Burger King if you're gonna do that.

Did a taste test a few years back between the McRib and the AMPM gas station "rib" sandwich. I think they are identical. Maybe the gas station is a little better because you can pick the toppings. Pretty sad when a restaurant gets 1 upped by a gas station. Haven't had either since. They are pretty lousy like most things at McD's. I don't know why people still go there regularly. Now if they brought back the McDLT......

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
I like the McFish or Fish Filet as it is called in their song. Why would you need ever go fishing if you can get real Alaskan Cod in a Mickey Dees sammich with tartar sauce!

I have learned to never actually look at the inside of the fillay o fish while I'm eating one...too many sparkly bits of fish scale looking back at me. I still like them a lot!

McD's is a very occasional treat for me now, but I still love it. I have wonderful memories of a friend's mom giving us $5 every time I would go over to his house to play so we could walk over to McD's for lunch or dinner. Identical twin girls worked at the one by his house and they were wonderfully weird people, if one of them was working a register we would get in her line and do something to tweak her to get both her and her sister yelling at us. I also loved to get the McD's breakfast with the hotcakes, sausage, and "hash browns" in the Styrofoam plate/container when my family was on vacation and went out for breakfast.

Used to go to McD's more when my daughter was little and I tried to get salads then, but now that I go once every couple of months at most I have no issue with splurging calorie wise and getting a grease soaked burger and a cardboard bucket o fries...chased down with a diet soda, of course.

I will definitely make a point of heading over for a couple of McRibs, actually tried to stop at McD's after working late last night and a long drive through line made me punt and just head home. I would usually just go inside then because I could see nobody was waiting there, but I wasn't in the mood.

The meat and sause are ok but the bread in mine has never impressed me... stale and not very absorbent. They source bread from local bakeries but I'm sure still have stringent QC, if they feel like it.

Originally Posted By: Scienceman
McDonalds is healthy! Grease makes things slide down better inside of you.

You forgot mushy! "Easy to chew" is their mantra...

Last edited:

Also stops the heart from rusting.
lol.gif

I always say that all the grease lines up your arteries and the blood flows faster.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I always say that all the grease lines up your arteries and the blood flows faster.

That's good. My triglycerides are so high my blood must really fly around in there.

I agree with those that think it use to be fairly good but not so much now, and the bread is horrible here, if I get one I'll bring it home and remove the bread and eat it with a fork.

How ever I do get a craving for a Big Mac now and then, love that sauce but to much bread so I always remove the center slice of bread. The last thing McD's had that I actually liked was the chicken selects.

"They" say the McDonalds business model is "failing".

I truly do not know. Sometimes a blip in traffic / revenues can be an adjustment or call to action.

Witness the dip in NFL viewership. Sure, there are National Anthem antics and fat bottomed people wanting to stand for something.

It's time for the NFL to actually take a stand on some feature of what's going on. Hey, the "outraged fans" came back after the strike, didn't they?

All McD's has to do is match Wendy's for quality.

Anyone who goes to Burger King is hurting the USA.
Tim Horton's bought 'em and BK no longer pays corporate taxes here. They pay corporate taxes where people get health care.
They may pay some real estate taxes here. Their employees pay here though.

If the thing stinks - - DON'T PATRONIZE THEM. McD's, BK, the NFL anybody. Just say "NO" to being a consumer.

Buy mo oil.

It's doing well here... They are up largely on McCafe stuff but also all day breakfast which just launched has been great for sales. We have had better quality that you can taste the difference between here and south of the border. Not sure why, it should be the same everywhere but they do source their beef, pork, potatoes locally through Cargill farms etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back