Subway purchased by private equity group that owns Dunkin, Jimmy Johns and many others

GON, thanks for posting. Yes I saw this too. It made me think of another sub chain that I think may be defunct now.....that being Quiznos.

I knew one of their franchise owners and they told me that the parent company kept raising supply prices but would not let location owners raise the menu prices......and this put them personally in the "profit squeeze".

To the BITOG population, do you have any Quizno locations still open near you? If so, do you go there?
There’s one about 20 miles north of Austin, Texas, on NB I-35. Oddly there was one built in a similar gas station at about the same time nearby on the SB side. The last time I went to the southbound location, the equipment was “down.” Shortly thereafter, it closed. Both of those gas stations have Krispy Krunchy Chicken franchises, which are good Popeye’s-style chicken. The same employees work the Quizno’s, Popeye’s, and pizza stations in a connected mall food court layout. I like the steak/chipotle sauce sub, but don’t eat there as much since focusing on low-carb. Blimpie and Maid-rite are two other favorites that seem to be struggling as well.

To the BITOG population, do you have any Quizno locations still open near you? If so, do you go there?
I'm in the Chicago area, and according to their website the only nearby Quizno's locations are on N. LaSalle Street (downtown Chicago), plus Barrington IL, Mundelein IL, Valparaiso IN, Madison WI, Wheatfield IN (a tiny rural town), Plainfield IN (a suburb of Indianapolis).... In other words, not very many around.

My mom opened the first Quizno's on Long Island. Before opening, I went to the meeting with her to hear their sales pitch. I didn't care for the guy so I asked a lot of questions. One of which was how many are you looking to put on the whole island? There are already way too many fast food places. He said eleven. Sounded reasonable.
So, they build the place and open. It made an absolute KILLING. A few more opened and they were all doing well. Suddenly, they started putting up so many you could throw a rock from one and hit another. My mom's profits were cut in half. She complained to the mothership and their answer was to buy cheaper food to recover the losses. People stopped coming immediately, my mom sold her restaurant while the getting was good and shortly after every single one of them closed. Too bad. It was really good while it lasted.
I hope Steve T lost his shirt. Shouldn't have been so greedy.

I've been to Subway once in my life. Never again
Planet Sub is a good alternative in the KC metro.

I don't go to Subway. There's an italian pork store near my house that makes great sandwiches.
I should have take pictures of our lunch today. I'll take pics of the leftovers and post them later, $30 buys a lot of bread, provolone, mortadella and prosciutto di Parma.

Back