Mann cold weather filter after 40,000 mile

Status
Not open for further replies.
While driving air is pushed towards to that hole so no hot air is getting in there. Maybe when you stop at a trafic light for several minutes it may take a litlle warm air. Compaired to a filter that is mounted in the middle of the engine bay, it is next to nothing.

Originally Posted By: Tommiee
While driving air is pushed towards to that hole so no hot air is getting in there. Maybe when you stop at a trafic light for several minutes it may take a litlle warm air. Compaired to a filter that is mounted in the middle of the engine bay, it is next to nothing.

Which mine isn't in the middle of the engine bay. It's right behind the radiator support duct, which I cut a slot in the grill, to feed it cold air.

So your point about my intake is moot.

BTW.. the intercooler sandwiched in between the radiator and AC condenser isn't ideal, no matter how large the core of the intercooler is. Neither is having the turbo inlet pipe just above the turbocharger, all that turbo heat is also heating up the inlet air around the MAF sensor. And to fuel that power, putting a stiffer spring means it's exerting more force on the 2-lobe cam, so it's wearing out the cam follower quicker (no thanks for me... didn't feel like checking/replacing the cam follower every 10,000 miles, which was why I never "upgraded" the HPFP for more mid-range... yes, I had a EA113 motor previously)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back