K&N air filter after 2.5 years pic.

I clean both AFE and AEM dry flow filters every 30K. The AEM on the Pilot seems a bit more dirty that the AFE on the Tacoma. Both see similar driving conditions.

Use stock filter and change at regular-normal intervals. That clogged filter has hurt your efficiency and performance for a while. That’s not money well spent…

Yeah, it's just now starting to filter well :ROFLMAO:
in some aspect you are correct. I've noticed that with HVAC filters at home. for that type of filter he had, I probably would just tap it a few times and let the big stuff fall off and throw it back in. I'd kind of like to see or perform a test to see how cold the cleaning agent and the oil will get before they turn into solid. it's kind of a nuisance to clean and with dry flow filters now readily available on the market it just makes no sense that they are still making cotton guys and oil. if it had worked out so well I think they would have implement it in people's homes.

View attachment 183734
This filter was installed in my Chevy Trax in March 2021. Caked on dirt on filter and pre filter side of intake tubing. However, the post filter side of filter and intake tubing was spotless. Clean as a whistle. Replaced today with paper filter.
Complete junk toss that right in the trash and install an oem equivalent paper filter.

Use stock filter and change at regular-normal intervals. That clogged filter has hurt your efficiency and performance for a while. That’s not money well spent…
Or just clean and re-oil this one...

That’s not bad, my non-mechanically inclined brother’s went 113k without a cleaning because he’s not very bright.

Back