Kirkland Signature 0W-20 any good?

I bought our Honda Fit new in 2013. I changed the oil every 4 to 5,000 miles using Mobil 1 Extended Performance 0W20 or Pennzoil Platinum 0W20. Every time I changed the oil, I regretted making the change as early and often as I did because the oil was still more golden brown than black. My wife and I joined Costco late in 2021 and, during a trip there a few months ago, I saw the Kirkland "full synthetic" 0W20 -- a box of two 5-quart jugs for around $40. A good price for full synthetic with all the certifications, so I bought it and used it for the next change on the Fit. Not even two months after the change, with fewer than 2,000 miles driven, the Fit registered the b13 code with a check engine light. The first time it's ever done that. I checked the oil and it wasn't even registering on the dipstick. The bolt was torqued and fastened with no leakage anywhere. I changed the oil and this Kirkland stuff came out looking pitch black. The lesson I learned from this incident is that certifications and approvals can't always be the final say when it comes to the quality of an oil. My real world experience convinced me that this stuff is junk. It evaporates quicker than any oil I've ever used and it simply doesn't last. I think the data sheet posted by the OP affirms this with its relatively low TBN number and relatively high Noack number. I do not recommend it at all.
A mishmash of stuff that has no relevance to anything. Your oil is not “evaporating”.

Got my wife a new '24 Grand Cherokee L Summit Reserve, thinking about Kirkland 0w-20 as it's tempting to try or should I stick with Liqui Moly New Gen?

Back