Just bought a 2014 Tundra 4x4 Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple recent threads on that Tundra model. Scroll down a few pages for thread recommendations after reading comments here. More the merrier.

Originally Posted by Speak2Mountain
101k miles
5.7 iforce
Dealer trade in

very little towing
Suggestions on oil and filter

OEM filter and oil is oil with the proper ratings from a major oil company

I have a 2013 Tundra with 101 K on it. Mine has the 4.6 though. Great truck. I've used many different oils. Mobil, QSUD, Pennzoil Platinum. I just changed it last week and am now running Rotella Gas Truck 5w20 as I have a bunch from the Autozone clearance. It's easy on oil. Rarely do I have to add any. I also change it at about 7000 miles.
As for a filter every OC I've used OE from the dealer except once. One time I used a filter from Autozone. Around 5 bucks for the OE filters.
Good luck with it!

Originally Posted by wbwanzer
How about a picture for us?

01.gif

Originally Posted by Brybo86
When are you planning on doing the timing belt?

That's easy...

Never!

At least, that's my plan, since this engine has a chain, I sure hope it's never...

Reliable as a hammer! Having said that...my sons TRD is the hardest riding 1/2 ton pickup I have ever driven.

Originally Posted by gman2304
Reliable as a hammer! Having said that...my sons TRD is the hardest riding 1/2 ton pickup I have ever driven.

They are a heavy duty half ton!

Originally Posted by Brybo86
When are you planning on doing the timing belt?

No timing belt on the 5.7's, but the cam towers leak and that is a lot more expensive than doing the timing belt on a 4.7.

a friend has a 2013 and he loves it ,closing in on 300K and still runs great

Factory Toyota filter and your choice of synthetic 0w20, 5w20, 0w30, or 5w30. In other parts of the world the 5.7L engine is or was offered in the Lexus LX570. In some of these countries 5w30 is the recommended oil. I'm currently running Mobil 1 EP 5w20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back