Is Champion COS3593a safe for Kia/Hyundai?

I would recommend sticking with the original Hyundai/Kia filters. They are quite substantial. They are designed to handle the oil pressure those engines can see. And I think that you will sleep better using one. I have played with other filters and have gone back to oem. You can pick up a six pack on line at a good price.
Nothing special in OEM filters. It’s 2021, all manufacturers have updated their filters long ago. There’s literally 0 new reports for failed engines I’ve seen since I bought my car in 2016, and I tried everything that’s out there. Not sure why people keep repeating this oem filter mantra

I use the newest version of the oem hyundai oil filter got 6 for $24 bucks with drain plug crush washer, no issues so far even when it was 3 degrees in dfw. I think it a mann filter but Hyundai switched manufacturers. These say made in Korea.I wonder if the filter was warm when you put it on then it got cold against the block so maybe a little thermal contraction occured.

Nothing special in OEM filters. It’s 2021, all manufacturers have updated their filters long ago. There’s literally 0 new reports for failed engines I’ve seen since I bought my car in 2016, and I tried everything that’s out there. Not sure why people keep repeating this oem filter mantra
Get a Champion and an original Hyundai filter. Take them apart and until then you cannot make an informed decision.

Last edited:
Get a Champion and an original Hyundai filter. Take them apart and until then you cannot make an informed decision.
I’ve personally provided a few filters to be cut open on bitog, including this champion cos3953a. Educate me about your “informed decision” and what is great about the OEM, there’s many posts showing OEM filter cut open. I bet you don’t know the CQ I have in sig is a rebranded OEM Mann, I’m not impressed at all with its cold start compared to synthetic filters. After a few days in snow, the car makes some “amazing” clanking sounds for the first few seconds. Never happened with ultra, k&n or boss

Last edited:
Back