iOS 17 is out today Sep 18th, 2023

It has never been stellar even when new. I bought it Black Friday 2020 in an Apple Store and its battery health is at 82%. I'm still on the original battery. It does charge really fast when using a cord.

It doesn't like being charged and using Apple Maps or Waze at the same time. Even when the phone is in the shade in that situation, it usually gets too hot and gives a warning it stopped charging.
That’s what I’ve heard the 12 minis were never that good on battery life I do like the smaller footprint I’m surprised I’m still on the XR. So far my XR is still performing well it’s not the most comfortable for one handed texting that’s where I’d prefer the se or a smaller footprint phone. I’ll probably splurge when the XR stops receiving updates which I believe should be good to iOS 18.

That’s what I’ve heard the 12 minis were never that good on battery life I do like the smaller footprint I’m surprised I’m still on the XR. So far my XR is still performing well it’s not the most comfortable for one handed texting that’s where I’d prefer the se or a smaller footprint phone. I’ll probably splurge when the XR stops receiving updates which I believe should be good to iOS 18.
I never liked iPhones. I had my android personal phone and work provided iPhone pre8.
THEN I got a iPhone XR, loved the phone, I was done with Android. Months later got my wife an iPhone 11, she ditched her android.
That XR looks us both completely into the Apple world.

Now have 2 Mac mini desktops, two iPhone 13's, 2-watch 7s for my wife and I. I also have a MacBook Air M1, but that year she bought me that for Christmas, She was done with Android but she wasnt sure she wanted to totally leave the Windows world, so we do have for her a New (at the time) Lenovo Yoga. She also has a work provided Dell workstation at home.

We love the easy integration between our devices, such as "Airdrop"as one. IN addition we also use Apple Air Tags on our keychains *LOL* and also our dog!

Anyway, that XR started it all, on top of that, being I am "different" form the stereo typical older person, it was a yellow one. 🙃

At the time of getting our new iPhone 13s, I was REALLY torn between the mini and regular size. Drove my wife nuts trying to make up my mind. I REALLY liked the idea of the mini, mostly because it was, well, different. The battery life thing concerned me, also didnt know if I would miss the screen size or not but the battery determined I go with the larger one. I do wish they continued to offer it and I knew they were going to discontinue it at the time. I still like the idea just was unsure ...

I never liked iPhones. I had my android personal phone and work provided iPhone pre8.
THEN I got a iPhone XR, loved the phone, I was done with Android. Months later got my wife an iPhone 11, she ditched her android.
That XR looks us both completely into the Apple world.

Now have 2 Mac mini desktops, two iPhone 13's, 2-watch 7s for my wife and I. I also have a MacBook Air M1, but that year she bought me that for Christmas, She was done with Android but she wasnt sure she wanted to totally leave the Windows world, so we do have for her a New (at the time) Lenovo Yoga. She also has a work provided Dell workstation at home.

We love the easy integration between our devices, such as "Airdrop"as one. IN addition we also use Apple Air Tags on our keychains *LOL* and also our dog!

Anyway, that XR started it all, on top of that, being I am "different" form the stereo typical older person, it was a yellow one. 🙃

At the time of getting our new iPhone 13s, I was REALLY torn between the mini and regular size. Drove my wife nuts trying to make up my mind. I REALLY liked the idea of the mini, mostly because it was, well, different. The battery life thing concerned me, also didnt know if I would miss the screen size or not but the battery determined I go with the larger one. I do wish they continued to offer it and I knew they were going to discontinue it at the time. I still like the idea just was unsure ...
iPhone XR is by my opinion the best iPhone made. Next to the 11.

iPhone XR is by my opinion the best iPhone made. Next to the 11.
I would be surprised if the next iphone se doesn't use the xr body. But the 11 or 12 body would be better but that's optimistic. But i can't see apple further recycling that old iphone 8 body again, it's too outdated by now. The x or xs body is more expensive than the xr so that's unlikely.

Either 17.0.3 or Sonoma has turned on notify when left behind in Find My and i cant seem to turn it off, its somewhat annoying..

Either 17.0.3 or Sonoma has turned on notify when left behind in Find My and i cant seem to turn it off, its somewhat annoying..
IF YOUR TALKING AIR TAGS?
I just took this screen shot from iOS 17.0.3
I do an exception for my home address to not be notified.

"Find My"
"Items"
Click on "Items"
Select Item
Click on "Notify When left Behind"

IMG_5472.PNG

Last edited:
IF YOUR TALKING AIR TAGS?
I just took this screen shot from iOS 17.0.3
I do an exception for my home address to not be notified.

"Find My"
"Items"
Click on "Items"
Select Item
Click on "Notify When left Behind"

Not an air tag, specifically my phone telling me i left the MBP behind, bu there is not option for "notify when left behind" at all... just started after updates.

AirPlay quit working after updating.

It will not stream video to the TV anymore.

Now only audio is played through our TV, and, instead of the video on the screen, there’s only a “musical note” icon, along with the title of the video.

I normally use an app called AdGuard to play videos to avoid YouTube ads.

But now it appears that AirPlay will not stream videos from either YouTube or the AdGuard app.

iPhone 11.

I deleted the Journal app as well, but FWIW my iPhone 11 seems a little more responsive. The previous update seemed to have introduced some off behavior.

Back