Safford Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram bait and switch

They list several 2023 Challenger SXT and Ram 1500 Big Horm for more than $6k below MSRP but when I got to the stealership, those were marked above MSRP. I asked if there were any promotion sales and they said ‘No’ so Inshowed then the internet listing and they said they just sold all of those today.

This is the only stealership in town with inventory out front, the rest hide them in storage lot offsite. No wonder many places here still list 2023 inventory.

I actually had a cashier check for $28.5 for out the door price. I guess I’ll deposit the hat back tomorrow morning.
28.5k ? base tradesman starts at 40k+
challengers around 32k but no one has sxt trim around me... so... 40k.

I actually had a cashier check for $28.5k for out the door price for. 2023 Challenfer SXT, purple exterior with extended duck tail as the only option. I guess I’ll deposit the hat back tomorrow morning.
There’s deals out there if you’re willing to travel . And nobody should pay over MSRP for a FCA product there’s plenty of inventory

28.5k ? base tradesman starts at 40k+
challengers around 32k but no one has sxt trim around me... so... 40k.
Sorry. Meant challenger SXT. Edited it as it was posted too soon. Poster below you grabbed the right post. Didn’t want the V6 Ram as I think they have some weird hybrid cylinder deactivation crap in it. Not familiar with the technology but I know people with uneven wear and engine knocking because their driving style cause cylinder deactivation and reactivation too often.

Trying to avoid the Heni knock and oil starvation problems too. Otherwise, I would be getting a Scat Pack, which there were over 50 2023 models on the lot.

Last edited:
Sorry. Meant challenger SXT. Edited it as it was posted too soon. Poster below you grabbed the right post. Didn’t want the V5 Ram as I think they have some weird hybrid cylinder deactivation crap in it. Not familiar with the technology but I know people with uneven wear and engine knocking because their driving style cause cylinder deactivation and reactivation too often.

Trying to avoid the Heni knock and oil starvation problems too. Otherwise, I would be getting a Scat Pack, which there were over 50 2023 models on the lot.
Get the Hemi or don’t bother. Your preconceptions noted in the GX460 thread about them are garbage notions.

But what about the non stop leaking oil filter adapter housing , needle nose bearings failure on the lifters causing camshaft problems and ticking on the Penestar V6 ?? Theres problems with all of them gotta pick what u would like and enjoy best .
Gee. Do these people know how to make decent quality vehicles?

Reactions: hrv
Gee. Do these people know how to make decent quality vehicles?
We got three of them, two with he Pentastar, and one with the HEMI. As long as they can be had for a reasonable price, I don't mind fixing the "bugs", like I just replaced the oil filter housing on both Pentastar engines with Dorman units. These vehicles are relatively easy to work on, and parts and the aftermarket are easy to find and available.

That said, people who spend $60K+ on a Jeep Grand Cherokee L with the Pentastar and call it a good deal need to have their head examined. Same goes for $100K+ RAM 1500 trucks. As long as people are willing to go into debt for these things, nothing will change.

I am fully expecting to replace the oil filter housing as it is a known weak spot but that is a reasonable cost on part and I can try to do it myself or ask for help. I can also be extra careful with the OEM. But you’d think Dodge could have charge $50-$100 more for a Dorman unit from factory. It is bs like that that destroys brands; e.g. Bimmers with its plastic everything and purposely hide things like a battery right next to the firewall and behind a bunch of parts that have to be removed first.

I am fully expecting to replace the oil filter housing as it is a known weak spot but that is a reasonable cost on part and I can try to do it myself or ask for help. I can also be extra careful with the OEM. But you’d think Dodge could have charge $50-$100 more for a Dorman unit from factory. It is bs like that that destroys brands; e.g. Bimmers with its plastic everything and purposely hide things like a battery right next to the firewall and behind a bunch of parts that have to be removed first.

The plastic housing was a miscalculation by the accounting department, as the time when the Pentastar was designed, they didn't have an OEM to aupply them with an aluminum part for this, and getting someone to do one exclusively for them would have cut too much into their bottom line. If they switch to aluminum now, they would effectively admit that they messed up, and face some serious issues, like angry customers, litigation, etc.

They list several 2023 Challenger SXT and Ram 1500 Big Horm for more than $6k below MSRP but when I got to the stealership, those were marked above MSRP. I asked if there were any promotion sales and they said ‘No’ so Inshowed then the internet listing and they said they just sold all of those today.

This is the only stealership in town with inventory out front, the rest hide them in storage lot offsite. No wonder many places here still list 2023 inventory.
My parents had a Dodge Dealership pull this stunt 30 years ago or so. They had listed a used vehicle but conveniently it had "sold". To be fair this does happen but we think they never had it.

The sales is still there for over 50 vehicles from challengers, chargers, renegade, to ram. They even had 2-3 wranglers listed below MSRP but they have weird engine configuration.

What’s Chrysler’s response for hemi ticks and oil starvation at idles. The hellcat doesn’t have starvation at idle because they use a different oil pump. And hemi technology has been around forever. I think they want hate people like me keeping cars over 200k and want vehicles that can be maintained at home.

What’s Chrysler’s response for hemi ticks and oil starvation at idles. The hellcat doesn’t have starvation at idle because they use a different oil pump. And hemi technology has been around forever. I think they want hate people like me keeping cars over 200k and want vehicles that can be maintained at home.
Almost all “HEMI tick” cases are broken exhaust manifold studs.

It’s not oil starvation killing them, it’s poor QC on whoever supplies the lifters. Improperly heat treated bearings will cause a short life. GM and Ford also have similar lifter problems in their V8’s.

Again, your arguments sound like “internet” research full of nonsense bias.

Buy what you want, complain about lack of inventory, post about it on a forum. 🤷‍♂️

Hurry up and buy it already.

I have had that happen more times than I can recall. Pass the information on to the AG office. They will get one. In the end, just go somewhere else if you think they are being dishonest.

Back