iOS 17 is out today Sep 18th, 2023

Thank you for the notice. Been wanting to upgrade to it for the shared AirTag feature.

I’ll be updating my 12 Pro to that. When my new phone comes I assume it will already have it on there. My friend updated and he thinks it caused his phone to act up but he isn’t sure if that was the problem or not. He took the update off and it seems to be ok. Hopefully no issues.

I installed iOs 17 on my 12maxpro. Seems much the same, other than moving the speaker button for phone calls to the left side, which is far more difficult to reach right handed.
When we were kids and FAFO’d for FAFO sake, my parents and grandparents would take turns slapping the taste out of my mouth. Wish we could do the same to Tim Cook.

Feeling old. I still remember like yesterday my friend asking me when I was going to get a Palm Pilot. I told him, "When I can check my email on one."
A guy i worked with had a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper folded up in 1/4s in his back pocket. When someone gave him important info, he would say "Let me put that into my Palm Pilot" and he would write it down and put in back in his pocket.

A guy i worked with had a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper folded up in 1/4s in his back pocket. When someone gave him important info, he would say "Let me put that into my Palm Pilot" and he would write it down and put in back in his pocket.
Back when cell phones just started with the qwerty key boards, I used to store small pieces of pieces of folded paper inside the battery compartment panel.

true story.

I’ll be updating my 12 Pro to that. When my new phone comes I assume it will already have it on there. My friend updated and he thinks it caused his phone to act up but he isn’t sure if that was the problem or not. He took the update off and it seems to be ok. Hopefully no issues.
If you have a 12 Pro, I’d personally wait a few days for 17.0.1.

One of my iPhone 13 Pros and our iPad Pro M2 took the update just fine. Our iPhone 12 Pro froze on the initial reboot with the screen off. I let it sit for 20 minutes and you could feel the processor heating up through the back of the phone. Something was clearly wrong so I decided to play it risky and did a hard reset of the phone mid update. She woke right back up and took the update like nothing had gone wrong.

Feeling old. I still remember like yesterday my friend asking me when I was going to get a Palm Pilot. I told him, "When I can check my email on one."

I remember the controversy over Palm Pilot ads on billboards and other public display ads. I won't post the ad photo, but the main one was of an unclothed woman in the fetal position holding a Palm Pilot. Her face wasn't visible and there was really nothing visible except her arms/legs and the top of her head.

PNG image.jpg

I've heard a lot about the beta leading up to it with some cool features. I'm updating now and will check it out.

I was running the beta, they really polished the CarPlay interface, that was one of the biggest differences I noticed over 16.x.x, along with the changes to the phone app and the ability to just play voicemails.

Back