Interesting RockAuto filter problem

So what are we left with.

Can't buy @ RA because who knows what you might get per above.

Can't buy at Amazon because they comingle 3rd party sellers with their own?

Walmart has limited brand options.

Auto parts store down the road wants 10 bucks for Jobber filter and has limited inventory anyway. Suppose you can order?

Ideas?

Depends on what car you are complaining about?
For my Toyota, I have started buying them from stealership via web which is not stealership anymore because they are cheaper than the part store or even WM Supertech.

FWIW, I have 3 Toyota which uses the same cartridge filter.

So the "new" PH7317 looks identical to the old PH2867XL champ I have in my drawer.

At one point the blue Supertech had a Silicon ADBV, but appears that one has changed also.

Thanks for the post!!
Hi SC Maintenance,
I went to Walmart for groceries and looked again at the ExtraGuard. I was wrong about the ADBV, it is now nitrile! WM had 1 left of the previous version and 5 of the new version. It looks like Fram has made 4 changes to the Extra Guard:
1. Replaced the silicon ADBV with nitrile.
2. Replaced the metal center core w/louvers to nylon cage.
3. Removed date coding on the filter.
4. Replaced painted on Fram logo with a sticker.

At this point, the Extra Guard appears identical to the Supertech Blue Can filter in these areas, plus the mounting plate and the by-pass valve. The items left for differentiation are the media and the end caps. See pics below for the changes.

View attachment 202793

View attachment 202794

View attachment 202795

View attachment 202796

View attachment 202797
Hi Everyone,
Back in February in post #41 of this thread I reported changes to the Fram Extra Guard. Recently while in my local WalMart I checked out the Extra Guards and they are back with their original silicone antidrainback valve and louvered metal core!

Hi Everyone,
Back in February in post #41 of this thread I reported changes to the Fram Extra Guard. Recently while in my local WalMart I checked out the Extra Guards and they are back with their original silicone antidrainback valve and louvered metal core!
Interesting.

You sure it wasn't old stock from a warehouse somewhere? Date code?

Back