Bosch $2 filter from rockauto cut open

True but 99% at 40 microns isn't that great but I have used them in the past. That's for the FL910s cross reference.
I’ll chance on quality filter. Won’t ever run a Baldwin of questionable quality. To each their own. My money, my parts I’ll buy

Not trying to be rude here but would you use a Donaldson for 5k? I don’t think micron ratings on a focus would matter. Just thinking out loud. Zee: for the money for Donaldson I’ll gladly take a chance.

well i did ask for an oil filter cutter for Christmas, but that was the one thing i didn't get. so i used the tin snips instead.

also to the other people: no tube pics because I'm dumb, I already said what car, 196655 miles.
You’re not that dumb, you are on Bob after all. 😎

Not trying to be rude here but would you use a Donaldson for 5k? I don’t think micron ratings on a focus would matter. Just thinking out loud. Zee: for the money for Donaldson I’ll gladly take a chance.
I use and try everything. I've had a beef with Baldwin for over a decade and nothing has changed. My purchase was a look see only.

Luckily I have a stash of older wire backed Ultras. I have used Donaldson for years on my diesels.

Like most here I buy out of intrigue.
Like you before Fram listed 25k I was doing it and the Ultra was flawless. But filters change daily as we all know...
That Donaldson for my tuck is only $7 and I will use one and look at it down the road.. It also fits my Spartan zero turn...same size.
So no loss on that deal.
So yes I would use them.
I no longer sweat the details like I used to.

Last edited:
These filters didn't have metal shavings in them when I opened them, like the bosch filters in that other recent thread
Pretty hard to tell with all those oil soaked pleats, unless the metal chunks were pretty big. Maybe it didn't catch much because it was in bypass most of the time from really choked down louvers. 😄

Back