Inside North Korea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this CNN documentary to be very interesting, it's a quality piece worth watching.

I wonder why the NOKO border guard was shot by his comrades while escaping/defecting to the South a few days ago....!

CBC is garbage. Pro left bias because thats who gives them money. They should be privatized and maybe then id give them 1 cent of respect.

East Germany= North Korea....

East Berlin vs West Berlin

Enough said here I believe in terms of comparison.

I am guessing the movie The Interview is more legit than the OP's link.
27.gif

If NK is so great how come you can only have one of 9 state approved haircuts? That's some serious freedom right there, I'll tell ya now. Plenty of vids out with hidden cam footage that made it out of NK with the filmer that show the true conditions there and it isn't pretty.

Everyone knows NK is an oppressive horrific [censored] hole of a country, last of the Stalinist iron curtain type nations and absolute proof of the failure of that political ideology.

I watched a documentary about a medical team that went to NK to provide some basic eye treatment that wasn't available there and I found the end to be completely horrifying.
They made a little ceremony about removing all the patients' bandages to see if their surgeries had worked and every single person immediately marched over to the portraits of Kim Il Sung and Kim Jong Il (pre-KJU here) and loudly thanked their Dear Leader for their improved eyesight and promised to use their gift to help their country by being more productive, killing Americans, or whatever.
Not a single one gave a word of thanks to the visiting doctors, because everything good came from the beneficence of their Supreme Leader, nowhere else.
Can you imagine living like that?

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Can you imagine living like that?

Yes, my kids can't believe my stories....

Source: '80s Eastern Europe.
Almost all the bad higher ups, had a visit in NK, and exchanged thoughts with the granpa of the current....guy

There's something I find fascinating about NK. How they are as isolated as they are (they aren't 100% like many believe). It's like they are stuck in the 50s. Really interesting.

I'd never want to visit or live there.

Didn't see anything on the real NK where 90% of people live worse than the cows and sheep across the street from me.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
There's something I find fascinating about NK. How they are as isolated as they are (they aren't 100% like many believe). It's like they are stuck in the 50s. Really interesting.

What is strange is even during the before '90s years, they(NK) didn't strike me as an industrial nation....
And I know they do some work for SK companies....
Bear in mind, almost all former communist countries, had special buyers doing the external purchasing, knowing multiple languages, traveling, etc,etc.

I've read blogs by tourists who visit NK and it's similar to the Youtube videos in the original post.

So I've come to the conclusion that, among many other topics, NK coverage in the US media is extremely biased and untrustworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back