Is this the end of Hollywood?

Whether AI kills Hollywood matters not one iota to me; could not care less.

What greatly concerns me is the effect AI will have on society as a "deep fake" tool; how it will culminate into making life difficult if not impossible to discern between truth and lies in matters far more important.

It never bothered me to wait until this weekend to watch The Oppenheimer Movie on Peacock Stream.
Anytime an interesting Movie comes out of places like Hollywood, I wear enough patience to wait for a free stream.
I waited almost two years to see the latest James Bond and Mission Impossible movies on our 70" TV. No big deal.

Last night saw the return of Blue Bloods and Fire Country TV Shows. I had enough to watch when the Writers and Screen Actors were on strike. Again, no big deal watching other shows during the strike....... especially the ones coming from Canada.

Last edited:
Open AI's text-to-video service SORA can make real life videos that many think will replace Hollywood.

The Screen Actors Guild must feel a little redundant right now.

YouTube has already taken some of the wind out of Tinseltown's sails by allowing the general public to become famous just by posting videos filmed on an iPhone. Millionaires and celebrities have been created without the blessing of Hollywood gatekeepers. Soon, you will be able to create a movie just by typing a few paragraphs.

No need for millions of dollars in movie equipment, props, sets, and best of all...actors!

This video was 100% made with a prompt:

I just made the below image on https://www.bing.com/images/create in 5 seconds. I can't wait to make my own movies!

View attachment 203981

I know there’s a few BITOG members that would buy that filter house.

The ones who are going to be at risk are extras and VFX Creators. Extras have a clause on the new contract i believe, but how solid is anyones guess. VFX creators who charge $$$ for those digital creations, well they are at risk. However seeing some of the outputs, its still a fair bit out.

The real danger is misinformation actors, and the naivety some folks have to believe everything they intake on social media university.

The newest movies I have seen was The Lord of the Rings, and a Clint Eastwood movie about returning a boy from Mexico to Texas.

No interest in movies made today- none whatsoever. I much prefer a marginally made "B" western to today's movies. I am sure I am in the minority.... and surely getting old but give me the original Mad Maxx over Top Gun 17 (or whatever the lates version is) any day of the week. And of note I have never ever seen a "super-hero" movie, ever. I know superhero movies make tons of cash, and the toys that are licensed from the movies also a very profitable.

Last edited:
They’ll be relevant for a long time to come. Just changing like they always have and adapted to times. I think AI sorts like CGI will be used for background with real actors in front.

In started hating movies when I figured out after seeing a few 007 movies they were all the same. If you have seen one movie you have seen them all.

Back