Ingenious oil fill cap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Patman
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I always clean out my funnels with degreaser,run a rolled up paper towel through them,then store them in a sealed plastic bag.

I spray a good amount of brake cleaner through my funnels, as it'll remove the oil and won't leave behind any residue.

I have some kerosene left over from a heater (that got tossed), I wipe my stuff down and leave the pan and funnels in the shed. seems to do the trick.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Ive never had issues cleaning funnels. A rolled up piece of paper towel barely squeezes through perfectly.

That's what I've been doing for over 40+ years. How hard is it to clean a funnel before using it?

I keep one of these on the top off quart bottle in the trunk.

71uY3RZwnmL._SL1500_.jpg

I handled one of those flex spouts in the store last week. I was temped to buy it, but every time I flexed it it pinched closed.

bet the plastic cracks over time from the heat then you might be blowingout oil on the interstate.
how long have these been out?
and the Chinese will change the plastic formulation to cheaper, to cause more cracks

My toyota valve covers have a thread that's the same as a castrol bottle. I just cut the bottom off and have an instant, tight fitting funnel.

I don't waste brake fluid on the inside. A dry cloth catches the dust in whatever oily residue is already inside.

Store my funnel upside down (right side up?) with the castrol cap on it. Stays pretty clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back