Today is the day for an oil change.

Getting the old lady's '14 Dodge Caravan ready for her annual trip to California/relatives. As I mentioned in other posts this vehicle has the MS-6395 requirement which I use a loose reference. The last change about 5k miles ago used Valvoline Semisyn High mileage 5W30 that does meet the spec although the van owners manual and fill cap show a 5W20 fill. I have mostly ignored that over the years with 5W30. I have some gallons of Valvoline Euro III 504/507 5W30 on the shelf already. I will be heading to walmart later today so I can easily enough buy another jug of the Hi-Mileage semisyn Valvoline. I have taken to using the Fram synthetic filters because they don't rearrange their pleats like the cellulose filters do. Soooo what say you? Hi Mileage or Diesel oil this go round?

I think any name brand synthetic 5w-30 will be fine. Since your doing 5k intervals a fram extra guard CH11665 should be fine. How many miles does your early 3.6 engine have? Any issues over the years?

I posted something similar a couple weeks back. The van has 80k+ miles and my change intervals have been 5-7k miles or so. There is no fixed interval as the factory wants you to use the OLM which I have never let get close. I actually like some of the attributes that group I and II bring to the table when an oil is mixed and depending on its use a Group III/IV/V may be overkill on a 3.6L minivan engine. If I could specifically choose what I want in an oil I would want persistence of oil clinging to wear surfaces, and slippery-ness with mechanical resistance between machined parts, specifically roller pins in rocker arms in this vehicle.I like the synthetic filter for its quality rather than life.

We have a 2014 T&C with the 3.6L. I have used 5w30 in it since we bought it used in 2017. I have used Mobil Super Synthetic and Citgo FS & Citgo FS HM in it, but would not hesitate to use almost any 5w30 you prefer. Our van has 90K on it so the last change was the Citgo FS HM.

Just my $0.02

Back