Increasing hostility on BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was that?

I'm curious as well.

No names, and that's out of respect.

This thread is doing just fine without trying to "out" anyone (means "put it out in the open" or "on blast") and I do not want to be the one to start it. That's called being a hypocrite. Besides, just stating my opinion.

OVERKILL, you must not have enjoyed Ms. Nina Hagen? Your silence is telling me this lol. I thought you would like! So weird, her, 😂 lol

All I can say is, this is the BEST forum on the interweb, and my favorite!
A couple of years ago I was short a few French fries of a Happy meal. And, I was dinged and given a 1 year vacation.
While I was away I started seeing the err in my my ways and knew I couldn't keep going thru life like this. I went to my local VA and they started me on my way to help treat my PTSD. I don't EVER regret it! And, to this day, I still attend my class once a week.
People, life is way too short to be mean and hostile to others. If you read a post and don't like it, move on. Put yourself in that persons place and search your inner feelings; would you want to be treated the way you treated them, or were about to?
Thanks Mr. W, for a second chance! You're the best! (y) :)

10W30 means it’s a 10 weight to start with and a 30 weight later
Thin oil flows faster
Never use OEM approved motor oil
BTW … who were you before ? Bernie Madolff selling Lucas oil additives?

This thread is doing just fine without trying to "out" anyone (means "put it out in the open" or "on blast") and I do not want to be the one to start it. That's called being a hypocrite. Besides, just stating my opinion.

OVERKILL, you must not have enjoyed Ms. Nina Hagen? Your silence is telling me this lol. I thought you would like! So weird, her, 😂 lol

That's fair. I haven't listened, so I'm so sorry! I got preoccupied with some post-work work and it completely slipped my mind. I'll give it a listen this evening, promise!

10W30 means it’s a 10 weight to start with and a 30 weight later
Thin oil flows faster
Never use OEM approved motor oil
BTW … who were you before ? Bernie Madolff selling Lucas oil additives?

I heard that on a YouTube video just a couple days ago. The oil starts off as a 5, then turns into a 30 as it warms up.

That's fair. I haven't listened, so I'm so sorry! I got preoccupied with some post-work work and it completely slipped my mind. I'll give it a listen this evening, promise!

I think you're gonna like it. It's **** weird.. she also has a singing voice though I just don't know if in THAT song. Unless you can just naturally judge talent like me.

I really look forward to your verdict! Have to go operatey machine for some more hours. I'm always behind a wheel lol.

I had asked because I’ve been on this forum over twenty years now. I dont think I’ve ever seen what you describe. Not saying it doesn’t/didn’t happen, just never ran across it. That’s why it pic’d my curiosity.

The negative posts are usually at least interesting. I think once you've been around even a few weeks, you know whose advice you can go with. People are grouchy sometimes anywhere you hang out. I remember members showing out at times and you knew it was out of character. The next thing you know, they apologize and things go back to normal. People who are permanently negative can be found all through society.

I had asked because I’ve been on this forum over twenty years now. I dont think I’ve ever seen what you describe. Not saying it doesn’t/didn’t happen, just never ran across it. That’s why it pic’d my curiosity.

Well you're on here longer than I've been here, for sure.

If you really really want, maybe I can PM you more what I was talking about. If you kept it in confidence.

(On another note, about what you just mentioned, I also observed that this thing I observed has pretty much stopped in the past month or two. This is why I quipped that the individual must have been warned. And sidekick doesn't sidekick when the main act ain't doing his thing.)

I'm not even sure the moderators can read DMs. Now, I've never believed that, but... Is it true?

Well you're on here longer than I've been here, for sure.

If you really really want, maybe I can PM you more what I was talking about. If you kept it in confidence.

(On another note, about what you just mentioned, I also observed that this thing I observed has pretty much stopped in the past month or two. This is why I quipped that the individual must have been warned. And sidekick doesn't sidekick when the main act ain't doing his thing.)

I'm not even sure the moderators can read DMs. Now, I've never believed that, but... Is it true?
More than welcome to. Id like to know the story. Confidence Is guaranteed. As for the DM's I have no idea, but I've never had issue with DM's before.

The whole country and world is stressed out, which naturally causes increased hostility. Call the current times the perfect storm to test humanity's character. No surprise, but overall this place is pretty mellow compared to much looser moderated social media like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, other chat boards, etc. You guys should read some of the political forums on some of the car chat boards ... wow, talk about crazy. :oops:

I think part of the "rudeness" is the massive influx of trolls. often people poking the trolls dont really take into account how other new members who are non-trolls would see this.
Also people can wrongly be assumed to be trolls by joining then immediately starting 3-4 new bitog "hot topics" just like a troll does.

But sometimes people are just trolling hi Idahopotato. :ROFLMAO:
And I assure you people with high post counts arent untouchable. :rolleyes::whistle:;)

there is a ton of moderation behind the scenes
1 such example people bypassing the censor invisibly having their swear words changed..

Last edited:
Just for some clarity, what are we calling trolls? (What makes a troll, what constitutes trolling)
a user who was previous banned coming back to crap drop, spread misinformation, and cause hostilities.
Idahopotato would be a good example look at his recent posts about 0w1000 weight oil being the same weight at room temp as 0w30
or his syn oil doesnt handle fuel contamination as well as conventional posts.

those would be misinformation, then he will randomly drop some hostility.

an epic example would be gearheadtool/16 other alias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back