Mac OS Issues typing in BITOG, disappearing text, changing text, anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't tried that yet. I was more curious if I was the only one. Not sure if I want to bother altering settings for something that only happens on one site. But I may if I ever have nothing else to do, which cold be another decade or so *LOL*
It is a valid suggestion I would think.

Well, that explains some replies. Thanks for the catch. Its 2019. The reason I posted the year (which was incorrect) is so people would know it was a late model Mac mini. The newer mini's were updated in 2018 before that time it was several years of Mac mini running on something produced in 2013 or about that time.
SO to be clear, my typo, the correct production year is 2019 not 2009
I have no issues here and I am running a M1 iMac on the latest Sonoma. I have run this program for years ( 12 years +) Never a problem, it has helped me out on weird stuff that was happening and I have flipped him a donation a couple times as it help get my Mac running better. Reboot then run his latest program, Run everything that is logical to you, they are always MacOS specific, so Ventura App wont work on Sonoma. Not saying it will fix it but it is always my first move to weird stuff happening. I keep 9 mac running here at home and they have all had it run on them without issue.

I have no issues here and I am running a M1 iMac on the latest Sonoma. I have run this program for years ( 12 years +) Never a problem, it has helped me out on weird stuff that was happening and I have flipped him a donation a couple times as it help get my Mac running better. Reboot then run his latest program, Run everything that is logical to you, they are always MacOS specific, so Ventura App wont work on Sonoma. Not saying it will fix it but it is always my first move to weird stuff happening. I keep 9 mac running here at home and they have all had it run on them without issue.

Thanks for the reply, was more interested if anybody else was having an issue, which was confirmed.
My computer runs excellent right now and it’s just this website so I’m not going to do anything about it.
I’m pretty knowledgeable with computers as I have been for almost 30 years now.
Just entered the Mac world a couple years back, now with two Mac minis one M, one I 5, 1 MacBook M1 Air two iPhone 13s and one Lenovo Windows machine plus Dell business computer for my wife.

With that said it is a weird issue in this forum BUT maybe it will go away just as fast as it started happening 😃
I don’t think it happened this morning when I posted a fair amount. We will see!
Thanks again

My M1 Macbook does this on the site too. It's the only site I see this happening on. I'll have to try and see if moving the cursor affects it.

My M1 Macbook does this on the site too. It's the only site I see this happening on. I'll have to try and see if moving the cursor affects it.
Im glad to hear you have the same issue, as it seems others. Thanks for adding your reply, I now know it's not something funky with my computer. My Apple devices have worked so flawlessly for years now, I was almost depressed that I may have to find a solution!

Exactly, it's just this site or maybe better said the back bone of the hosting company/site most likely. I am sure it will get resolved sooner to later.
Might be due to some security change in the macOS lately. Im clueless and entered the Apple world so I dont have to spend time on that stuff anymore.
I also have a MacBook M1 but dont use it as often as my desktop and almsot never on BiTOG, either way, it's the same OS.

BTW- its happening as I type this and I moved the cursor off the text box.

Im glad to hear you have the same issue, as it seems others. Thanks for adding your reply, I now know it's not something funky with my computer. My Apple devices have worked so flawlessly for years now, I was almost depressed that I may have to find a solution!

Exactly, it's just this site or maybe better said the back bone of the hosting company/site most likely. I am sure it will get resolved sooner to later.
Might be due to some security change in the macOS lately. Im clueless and entered the Apple world so I dont have to spend time on that stuff anymore.
I also have a MacBook M1 but dont use it as often as my desktop and almsot never on BiTOG, either way, it's the same OS.

BTW- its happening as I type this and I moved the cursor off the text box.
I don't think I've posted enough recently to say if that made a difference for me or not. I know if I have a short response that I type that if I do not get to at least the second line of text it does not happen. It did not happen on this post but it wasn't a long winded one. I do notice that quoting someone seems to add to the issue and I think that's just due to the amount of text in the text box.

I don't think I've posted enough recently to say if that made a difference for me or not. I know if I have a short response that I type that if I do not get to at least the second line of text it does not happen. It did not happen on this post but it wasn't a long winded one. I do notice that quoting someone seems to add to the issue and I think that's just due to the amount of text in the text box.
Good point and my posts are typically LONG winded :whistle:

I have had instances of no cursor when replying to posts. Very odd. Only on this forum
I saw that recently too. And while I often respond on my iPad, have not seen it there--only when on a PC, on Win10. It'll do that, then snap out of it.

I think though I might have only seen it on my work laptop, so maybe it's some update there (my home PC is pretty old and struggles with staying up to date).

Im having this here as well on an M1 MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.1.1 but it has been doing it for some time... like Ventura something another.

also i don't understand why but i have a lot of issues with auto correct doing nonsensical things here.

I saw that recently too. And while I often respond on my iPad, have not seen it there--only when on a PC, on Win10. It'll do that, then snap out of it.

I think though I might have only seen it on my work laptop, so maybe it's some update there (my home PC is pretty old and struggles with staying up to date).
Im having this here as well on an M1 MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.1.1 but it has been doing it for some time... like Ventura something another.

also i don't understand why but i have a lot of issues with auto correct doing nonsensical things here.
Thanks for reassuring my sanity and confidence in my eyesight..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back