If 10mm is ok for bears, why not 357 mag?

I think if I was in immenent bear country, my choice of an anti bear gun would be a 12 GA, Mossberg 500, with slugs.

I think a cranial shot is wishful thinking. Small, moving target, under extreme stress, medium range, with a snubbie?
I know. Just dreading carrying all that weight of a 44 m.
IMG_0612.jpeg

So got some time to shoot my new Glock 20 10mm. Wow! Lots of fun and does have some heft but is nice to shoot. Shot both regular and the larger power Buffalo Bore rounds. Ready to head to AK! Will be doing firearms training for a few days on the front end with both handguns and shotguns.

So got some time to shoot my new Glock 20 10mm. Wow! Lots of fun and does have some heft but is nice to shoot. Shot both regular and the larger power Buffalo Bore rounds. Ready to head to AK! Will be doing firearms training for a few days on the front end with both handguns and shotguns.
You are well equipped, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

I was worried about bears and keep running into rattlers and rat snakes but no copperheads I did hear a camper at Stone Mountain say a bear got their food but only chose to carry the max9 and Taurus 7 shot.357.The counter assault bear spray says one 6sec.burst probably the best anyway.
IMG_0899.jpeg
IMG_0739.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg

I loaded a magazine with 15 + 1 in chamber. Unloaded 16 as fast as I could at a series of targets about 20' away, reasonable accuracy but of course bad precision. Did this with both standard and HD ammo. My shoulder is sore today 🤣

Last edited:
Back