45 Super

I do not agree with a revolver bring more reliable in the field.
Exhibit A:
Dirt, sand, mud twigs leafy materials, commonly known as the gunk you never want to drop or dip your gun in.

At least if a plastic striker fired pistol gets dipped or dropped in the leafy sandy twiggy mud it will probably fire once and I don't even like striker fired plastic.
But if the revolver does fire once it will probably fire off all the others.

I don't want to assume but IMO 45 Super you have to be loading your own. So I'm assuming! What are your loads and chrony results?

USP is my favorite line of HK's. You likely already know this but increased frequency of RSA replacement is beneficial for 45 Super. I'd also reach out to HK and ask about the nylon addition to the RSA that is used in the "C" model (love those as well!!) used in your 45 Super.

Enjoy it! Pretty cool to have a 45 Super.

Exhibit A:
Dirt, sand, mud twigs leafy materials, commonly known as the gunk you never want to drop or dip your gun in.

At least if a plastic striker fired pistol gets dipped or dropped in the leafy sandy twiggy mud it will probably fire once and I don't even like striker fired plastic.
But if the revolver does fire once it will probably fire off all the others.
I would take a semi auto all day over a revolver, especially in the muck

As has been stated already modern commercial 10mm is basically 40 Short and Weak in a 10mm case. No where near the original Norma loads one of which put a 200grain at 1200FPS...

I'll have to dig out my load data but my recollection is i push a 180grain XTP about 1350 regularly with a VV load out of a Delta.

I never really messed with 45 super as my Super proclivities run to Super 38, but theoretically just dropping your 45 ACP load in a super case should increase velocity due to the case differences.

Maybe i'll try to load some up and see if it is worth messing with...

In my USP, I have tested a bit recently, with a couple recoil springs and the 16 lbs spring seems to be the middle of the road. It helps tame the super a bit, while still being reliable with regular 45 auto.

18lbs= great for super, 90% reliable with regular 45auto=fail
20lbs= way to tight, great for super, slide release is difficult, failure cycle regular 45 auto reliably=fail
16lbs= did everything fine=200rds=pass

Back