I need the best penetrating oil

.......but not Penetro. I need something for removing rusted automotive exhaust parts but i pretty much need it by tomorrow. Sick of these mail order companies and the closest "rep" to me for Penetro is about 100 miles away. Anyhow, what is the best one that is sold in most local stores. Liquid wrench? I know WD-40 isnt a pen oil at all. Any out there better than Liquid Wrench?
Freeze off. My cousin had rusted on bolts and this stuff really did the trick. It wicks itself into the threads and breaks stuff free.

I like Seafoam Deep Creep, can't say its the best I've not used everything but I am satisfied with it's performance. When given any chance to do so I will spray parts, and give them as long to sit as possible.

When working on my own vehicles and knowing I'll need to work on it within the week I spray, and give it time to work. Obviously not always an option however it works well for my, and my personal vehicles.

The first time I uses Deep Creep was on a strut I had to replace, sprayed the mounting hardware down, anything I would need to remove. Not drowning the bolts in it just a quick spray on both ends. I remember removing the lower control arm bushing bolt, probably 4-5 inches long, in that time the spray made it the full length of the bolt with the bushing blocking 80%+ from direct contact.

Its worked well for me, I also like some of the non petroleum based penetrating oils as well (yes not technically an oil) like "Super Slick Stuff". Sell it locally at Lowes pretty affordable.

Everyone has their favorites. I have had good luck with Free All. I can't say it is the best. I do not know what the best is because I have not tied everything. I think it did very well in the PF tests. Better than PB Blaster and Kroil which I have used and concur with Project Farm.

I use diesel and Dawn soap (cup to a gallon) to make a engine oil wash. Works really good and the diesel will leave behind a shiny, somewhat water repellant residue. I have a lot of diesel and the PB Blaster is what really stinks. Generally try to use it outside and on the bolts though not myself....

Back