I need the best penetrating oil

We used to keep a stock room full of Kroil at the plant. During major shutdowns of equipment , while production group was clearing and flushing out equipment, me and some guys would spend a week soaking down every nut and bolt we knew we were going to break open from flanges to vessel manhole entry covers to all sorts of things.
Kroil was not a miracle on everything we used it for but it certainly helped the majority of things break free pretty easy with hand tools to impacts and air hammer wrenches. Saved us a whole lot of fighting with rusted and siezed bolts many times. Before we found Kroil we would spend lots of time cutting/splitting or even torching older siezed bolts that would not come loose. Some really large nuts and bolts on high pressure equipment. Kroil is really worth a try for things around the house or small shop work. Now things is Kroil is NOT a cheap product.

We used to keep a stock room full of Kroil at the plant. During major shutdowns of equipment , while production group was clearing and flushing out equipment, me and some guys would spend a week soaking down every nut and bolt we knew we were going to break open from flanges to vessel manhole entry covers to all sorts of things.
Kroil was not a miracle on everything we used it for but it certainly helped the majority of things break free pretty easy with hand tools to impacts and air hammer wrenches. Saved us a whole lot of fighting with rusted and siezed bolts many times. Before we found Kroil we would spend lots of time cutting/splitting or even torching older siezed bolts that would not come loose. Some really large nuts and bolts on high pressure equipment. Kroil is really worth a try for things around the house or small shop work. Now things is Kroil is NOT a cheap product.
As much as I like Kroil, they do a lousy job of distributing their product through common retail channels.

As much as I like Kroil, they do a lousy job of distributing their product through common retail channels.
I saw an 8oz can of AeroKroil at NAPA recently so I carried it up to the counter. When the guy said $22 I carried it back to the shelf. I can buy three cans of PB Blaster for that, and while Kroil is good it's not 3X better than PB or Liquid Wrench IMO.

I'm conserving my last can of Kroil like fresh water in a lifeboat. Everything else gets tried first.

I'm conserving my last can of Kroil like fresh water in a lifeboat. Everything else gets tried first.

I’ve been doing the exact same thing for a while.

It’s a shame a company with a product this good can not figure out how to sell it. Stunning.

As an aside, I find “Free All” the next-best thing.

Have not tried it yet but I have heard great things about Sea Foam Deep Creep. Only read the first page and the last two pages of this thread. About choked when I saw the OP was made in 2007.
Deep Creep works quite well. Seems to go toe to toe with my go to PB Blaster but without the awful smell. I keep both on hand along with liquid wrench, good to have options.

I just found an old can of Liquid wrench in my cellar, the stuff was great and smelled good, the new version stinks so bad it will drive a skunk away and doesnt work nearly as well, I cant use it it smells so bad. Now I use Gibbs, no bad smell and works great, it hangs in there a long time doing its thing but it isn't cheap.

I just found an old can of Liquid wrench in my cellar, the stuff was great and smelled good, the new version stinks so bad it will drive a skunk away and doesnt work nearly as well, I cant use it it smells so bad. Now I use Gibbs, no bad smell and works great, it hangs in there a long time doing its thing but it isn't cheap.

The old Liquid Wrench was just deodorized kerosene according to the label. Regular kerosene is pretty cheap.

I was using Mouse Milk on a stubborn rusty 23 year exposed nut and it didn't phase it. Had to cut it off. :(

I saw an 8oz can of AeroKroil at NAPA recently so I carried it up to the counter. When the guy said $22 I carried it back to the shelf. I can buy three cans of PB Blaster for that, and while Kroil is good it's not 3X better than PB or Liquid Wrench IMO.

I agree with you. Good, but not a miracle product. I just hate that smell of Liquid Wrench. It gets in your clothes for years.

Back