HPL fleet usage plan.

simple math must be difficult for some :ROFLMAO:

Even at $4.86 (this is pre-sales tax) a quart, at double the OCI’s it still comes at cheaper with HPL on oil ALONE. this doesn’t account for all of the other things mentioned above.
I assume you go by engine hours when you calculate your OCI. Well, with HPL and regular oil filter changes, you can go the equivalent of 45K miles in engine hours between oil changes. Just ask Dave (@High Performance Lubricants) about it. ;)

i would push for more, but it’s a good time for the trucks to come in, get greased, air filters changed, PS, coolant, and trans fluid checked/topped off. at 12k we are saving money on oil, labor, and the logistics of swapping trucks around.
Yeah Dave has mentioned before that the 15-20k services on one of their other fleet customers isn’t oil life limited… it is mainly designed to keep the trucks coming in for all the other service requirements to keep the trucks on the road. The oil is still barely stretching its legs at this point, but what’s the use of oil lasting 30k+ if other maintenance is ignored and the vehicle has another failure that could have been prevented.

Thanks OP for giving the BITOGers more data for how HPL oil is handling three different styles of fleet driving. We know other oils can do the same, and we probably know HPL can easily do what he is asking, but now we get to see it done, and it's not costing anybody but OP money.

cheapest i could find with a quick search, and isn’t EP just normal Mobil 1 5w-30. a drum of HPL delivered to our office came to $1991.70. it may be bias, but getting better protection over longer intervals is also a factor. if you aren’t worried about where the money is going, why are you bringing up mobil 1 in a thread titled “HPL fleet usage plan”?
Could say the same thing about HPL fanboys bringing HPL up in Valvoline threads as well as other threads.

Anyways ways if it makes financial sense then go for it, HPL would pair well with the truck running 10,000lb loads daily, not so much with the highway mile truck though.

Last edited:
Fleet usage fulls under the industial/business use category. Pretty much what HPL oils target market and use case. Keep us updated OP.

And yeah i wouldnt use retail oils for extended drains as well. Ive seen enough engine teardowns to steer me away. High solvency oils are the way to go for that extra safety factor.

Fleet usage fulls under the industial/business use category. Pretty much what HPL oils target market and use case. Keep us updated OP.

And yeah i wouldnt use retail oils for extended drains as well. Ive seen enough engine teardowns to steer me away. High solvency oils are the way to go for that extra safety factor.
exactly. thank you

Not true. I’ll side with WwIlson on HDEO’s are where it’s at. High miles are just a gimmick and more money spent on advertising. It’s really true: a sucker is born every 30 seconds.

talked to David this morning. we came to the conclusion that normal PCEO should allow our fleet of chevrolet trucks (5.3 LT’s, 6.0 LY6’s, 6.6l L8T’s) to double our current OCI of 6k miles to 12k. going to test in a truck that sees 90% highway miles at 120 miles per day, a truck that idles 14 hours a day, and a truck that moves 10k lbs daily. will send samples out at 6k, 10k and 12k to validate that we aren’t beating the oil up.

trucks will be run with EC 30 and mobil 1 EP at the appropriate dosages for 3k miles then filled with the PCEO. each vehicle will be using a Fram Endurance FE10575

can’t say enough about David and the HPL team. had a quote for a drum of PCEO 5w-30 in less than a day.

Sounds like a solid plan. At 12k miles, which is gravy for HPL even in the DI ones that idle and tow a lot, you'll be reducing down time and labor cost immensely. Running HPL will certainly pay for itself, plus you get excellent customer service. You're making the smart move.

Ok, so this thread is just for you to get on a soapbox and say, "I am using HPL".

Cool. That's what the recent oil change and recent oil purchase threads are for already. You don't need our validation on your switch to HPL.

Also, you literally bought up Mobil 1 in your original post, but then question why I'm bringing it up in this thread like it's the first time anybody mentioned it?
Bingo

To the OP: main reason reason I am using HPL HDEO 5w20 HDEO is cause my fords don’t spec anything fancy. WWilsons results showed me the way.

I don't see this talked about all that much. What exactly is the benefit of HDEO vs (say) the basic PCMO? Why and where does one choose one over the other? I think I have my mind (small as it is) wrapped around the other offerings from HPL but the HDEO I'm still a little confused about.

I love it.

Every other thread on the forum: What oil should I run in my Escape. I change at 6k. I am also the Little Old Lady From Pasadena.
Replies: Dude you should really use HPL

This thread: I talked with HPL and am switching our vehicles that actually see a lot of hard duty and we will end up saving a good bit of time and labor.
Replies: Man, you should use Mobil. HPL is too cost inhibitive.

I love it.

Every other thread on the forum: What oil should I run in my Escape. I change at 6k. I am also the Little Old Lady From Pasadena.
Replies: Dude you should really use HPL

This thread: I talked with HPL and am switching our vehicles that actually see a lot of hard duty and we will end up saving a good bit of time and labor.
Replies: Man, you should use Mobil. HPL is too cost inhibitive.
Right??!

Back