OG Fram Titanium FS3593a C&P

20K miles per year….. 3 years, 3 months in use so 39 months.
What kind of car?....You are braver than I am....I'm on my third and final 5K OCI (actually 4.7K, 4.6K and probably another 4.7K for a total of 14K) on an OG 3614 Ultra on my 2014 Focus 2.0 GDI. This is the first time I've done this but now having a Mitivac and the PITA to remove belly pan on Fords make this my new plan going forward.

Google it ... just because you think what OG means doesn't mean what it really means from its inception. 😄 Do some research. You won't find that OG means "Original Generation" ... that's only what you think it means.

I could make up all kinds of acronyms such as:
OD = Original Design
OC = Original Configuration
OWB = Original Wire Backed
OU = Original Ultra
etc ...

View attachment 207774

View attachment 207775
One asked what OG means when it comes to this Fram filter that is known as wire backed Ultra version that originally launched & is no longer being produced. You said "Original Gangster" as if it makes perfect sense speaking about an oil filter which it does not. In this instance it should mean "Original Generation". If we were talking about gang members or rappers then it would be more appropriate. There are many meanings that evolve for the greater good of our language & current trends. Even your post #17 spells this out in the first sentence.

Last edited:
One asked what OG means when it comes to this Fram filter that is known as wire backed Ultra version that originally launched & is no longer being produced. You said "Original Gangster" as if it makes perfect sense speaking about an oil filter which it does not. In this instance it should mean "Original Generation". If we were talking about gang members or rappers then it would be more appropriate. There are many meanings that evolve for the greater good of our language & current trends. Even your post #17 spells this out in the first sentence.
What you failed to understand if you read the links I posted, is that the word now means way more than what it meant when it originally appeared. Read this again ⬇️ ... "it's about being original, authentic and respected". That DOES apply to the old Ultra in this context. What confuses you is how the word it used today, and in what context. When that happens, people tend to make up their own meaning for words, just like in this case. 😄

1710188261527.jpg

You just read it... (OG) Wire backed Ultra is considered "Original Gangsta" by @ZeeOSix

"I just installed a Fram Original Gangsta on my Volvo today" It sounds ridiculous but here we are. :ROFLMAO:

You just read it... (OG) Wire backed Ultra is considered "Original Gangsta" by @ZeeOSix

"I just installed a Fram Original Gangsta on my Volvo today" It sounds ridiculous but here we are. :ROFLMAO:
The OG Ultra was obviously original and highly regarded here, which is the whole underlying meaning of the term OG. But you'll never grasp the context it seems. 😄 Maybe "OG" should mean "old grumpy" in another context. 😜 ;)

2003 honda accord 2.4l K24. 175k miles
FCI was 2500 miles, OCI was 5000 miles

out/off: 4 quarts Valvoline R&P 5w-30 with 1 quart HPL EC30 with fram titanium FS3593a

in/on: 5 quarts HPL PCEO 5w-40 with OG Fram Titanium FA3593a
planning this OCI to 12k with a UOA at the end to see if it can go further.

filter looks great. the first filter was an endurance FE7317 but my filter cutter won’t cut that small so i didn’t cut it open. car was a rental car until 100k so no telling what oil was ran in it prior to my woman buying it. i started servicing it at 150k with PUP and OG Titanium’s. it’s had 2 BG EPR flushes at the end of the last two OCI’s with a berrymans hot piston soak and a new PCV valve on the last OCI. car used to burn a quart/1000miles and now it’s come down to less than a quart per 5k. hoping the HPL PCEO will clean the rings the rest of the way.

View attachment 207702

View attachment 207703

View attachment 207704

View attachment 207705

View attachment 207706

View attachment 207707

View attachment 207708

View attachment 207709

View attachment 207710

View attachment 207711
Your plan seems reasonable to me. Filter looks really good.

Back