93 Isuzu Rodeo HPL 1.0

1993 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2l V6. It came from Canada, & is clocked in km's. I purchased the vehicle used here in WA for a great price long ago, & has seen mostly M1 since I've had it. There is varnish underneath the valve cover, but no sludge. Just dumped the M1 FS Euro 5w40 that ran for 8000km with 1qt HPL EC30 that was in there the last 1k, & a Fram Endurance. Looking through the fill hole, there seems to be small areas where the varnish is starting to come off already from the EC30. The oil filter can was quite gritty compared to the last oci. Just put in the virgin fill of HPL PCMO 5W40 & a Pentius UFXL filter with 373k km on the odometer. I plan on running this for just over 10k miles till it hits 390k km with a filter change half way through, but will keep an eye on it. I have a feeling she'll start to clean up nicely. The civic will be getting the same treatment in about 1.5k miles, but not as excited for that as it looks practically new under the cover. I will post it anyway when the time comes. Here are a couple pics from earlier, & will post more when I do a filter change down the road. IMG_20240107_084649.jpg20240107_123904.jpg20240107_123920.jpg20240107_090953.jpg

Isuzu makes great engines especially their Diesels. It just didn't do well (in sales) in the USA. It's very popular in other parts of the globe, though especially in Asia and Australia. The once tag as the Isuzu Rodeo is now Isuzu MU-X

togeptbxehsd0k1hb1up

Last edited:
Isuzu makes great engines especially their Diesels. It just didn't do well (in sales) in the USA. It's very popular in other parts of the globe, though especially in Asia and Australia. The once tag as the Isuzu Rodeo is now Isuzu MU-X

togeptbxehsd0k1hb1up

Sharp.

1993 Isuzu Rodeo 3.2l V6. It came from Canada, & is clocked in km's. I purchased the vehicle used here in WA for a great price long ago, & has seen mostly M1 since I've had it. There is varnish underneath the valve cover, but no sludge. Just dumped the M1 FS Euro 5w40 that ran for 8000km with 1qt HPL EC30 that was in there the last 1k, & a Fram Endurance. Looking through the fill hole, there seems to be small areas where the varnish is starting to come off already from the EC30. The oil filter can was quite gritty compared to the last oci. Just put in the virgin fill of HPL PCMO 5W40 & a Pentius UFXL filter with 373k km on the odometer. I plan on running this for just over 10k miles till it hits 390k km with a filter change half way through, but will keep an eye on it. I have a feeling she'll start to clean up nicely. The civic will be getting the same treatment in about 1.5k miles, but not as excited for that as it looks practically new under the cover. I will post it anyway when the time comes. Here are a couple pics from earlier, & will post more when I do a filter change down the road. View attachment 197163View attachment 197164View attachment 197165View attachment 197166

I am thinking that a few runs of HPL Oil will clean things up, maybe 4 runs of 10,000 mile OCI's with this oil, and then check back with us here.

Back