Fram Endurance FE10575 C&P

BrendanC

$100 site donor 2024
2020 silverado 1500 5.3L
3315 miles in service

out/off 1.75 quarts HPL EC30 with 6.25 quarts Mobil 1 EP HM 0w-20 with Fram Endurance FE10575

in/on: 8 quarts HPL PCEO 5w-30 with Fram Endurance FE10575

first endurance i’ve cut open. beautiful filter inside and out. the run was short due to it being a test subject for moving our fleet to HPL.

IMG_5988.jpeg

IMG_5989.jpeg

IMG_5990.jpeg

IMG_5991.jpeg

IMG_5992.jpeg

IMG_5993.jpeg

IMG_5994.jpeg

IMG_5995.jpeg

IMG_5996.jpeg

IMG_5997.jpeg

I see some imperfections or tears in the Media, was this from you cutting the Oil Filter open?
no tears, that is the seam of the filter. it is melted together in manufacturing. last photo i forced the pleat to lay over to get a picture inbetween them.

Looks a lot like the FS3600 i posted a while ago running EC30. Can you wrap it with towels to dry th3 media?

Great work but I don't see beautiful. I have an old Ultra than ran over 24k miles and it looked perfect. I kept it.
Even junk should look Okay at 3k miles
I'll dig it up
can’t buy OG ultras anymore unless it’s old stock. for current filter offerings, this is the best that it gets.

Side note: me seeing little bits of carbon/debris in both the bottom of the can and in between the pleats lead me believe that the HPL EC30 did its job!
115,560 miles on the truck mostly on dealer 0w-20. the last 4 or 5 oil changes have either been PUP or mobil 1 EP HM. it must be pretty clean inside. the real story will be told when i change this oil/filter in 12k miles.

i can’t, no place at the office to store a wet oil filter.
Fair enough, thanks for the photos.
Side note: me seeing little bits of carbon/debris in both the bottom of the can and in between the pleats lead me to believe that the HPL EC30 did its job!
Yeah prior to running HPL EC30, all the filters before didn't have chunks of carbon on the bottom dome. This looks like how the FS3600 came out of my vehicle from the last drain.

i really don’t understand what makes that filter look better than this endurance. i’m a believer in the OG ultra and i have like 60 or so OG wire backed titanium’s in stock for my personal vehicles. but they both have laser straight pleats and look great.
24K is the difference
Let's see yours at 24K
Seriously

24K is the difference
Let's see yours at 24K
Seriously
this isn’t “mine” it came off of a fleet vehicle. being metal wire backed, i would bet it would look exactly the same in 24k miles. too many variables to really compare. your 7317 sized filter is a quarter of the size on probably a small passenger car. this is a filter off of a truck that works 5 days a week, has direct injection, tows heavy and has a high volume oil pump.

this isn’t “mine” it came off of a fleet vehicle. being metal wire backed, i would bet it would look exactly the same in 24k miles. too many variables to really compare. your 7317 sized filter is a quarter of the size on probably a small passenger car. this is a filter off of a truck that works 5 days a week, has direct injection, tows heavy and has a high volume oil pump.
True but it ain't going to be pretty trust me and this isn't a personal attack. We disagree.
I will wait to be proven wrong...thanks.

24,362 miles using 3- OCI's of early 2015 vintage PYB 5w-20 conventional motor oil.
Took like 18 months on my mothers car - GRHS.
Back then in 2016 no- its still in a barn like it was the day I cut it.
It was impressive so I didn't throw it away.
2014 AWD Mitsu Sport

Back