How much money you comfortably spend on a veh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will definitely own a nice car someday. I am a car enthusiast. I really want a muscle car, or really just a v8. I love the thumping, throaty V8 sound. But spending a lot of money on a depreciating asset needs to be done with careful consideration. If you have the money, do it. If not, don’t.

My family are almost all new car buyers. My dad, aunt, grandparents, all buy new cars, for around the 20k range. But the key is they keep them a minimum of 10 years. So it works out ok for them. My aunt has 2 million in savings, and she is 48. So it is fine to spend on a nice car if you can afford it (she just bought a new Murano).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Unlike a lot of you, I'm willing to spend money to make sure I have exactly what I want.

Don't think anyone makes exactly what I want, so even if I had a lot of spare cash (used to, but didn't spend it on cars) it'd take more than just spending it. I'd have to design and build it, or have it built. Lot of effort, and illegal here anyway.

Sure, there are things that cost money that I'd like (E-type Jag comes to mind) but if I had one I'd feel a certain responsibility not to wreck it, which would take some of the pleasure away.

For me, quite a lot of the enjoyment comes from keeping the thing going. This means older simpler cars are not just, by happy coincidence, generally cheaper, or even more cost-effective, but are actually just better in an absolute sense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back