The search for a vehicle is over.

Congratulations! Nice car! I do wonder how long until all that black plastic trim gets faded and turns white/gray. Keep up on it using some UV protectant to extend the life of those plastic parts - or go get them body color painted that would look amazing.

That very same thought popped into my mind while looking at the trim. Hopefully I can keep it all looking good.

That’s great to hear! So far, my wife is loving it. I’m gonna have a hard time getting used to the infotainment system though. The knob gets me all messed up. My wife has it all figured out though, of course it’s her vehicle, so she’s in it everyday.
🍻
Once you know all the short cuts, I feel like its quite easy to navigate the system. But that can only come with time.

Once you know all the short cuts, I feel like it’s quite easy to navigate the system. But that can only come with time.

My wife was telling me just this evening that she has already figured out some shortcuts. She says that she’s quite comfortable with the system already. Along with reading through the owners manual, she’s also been diving into some YouTube videos and picking up some pointers there as well. It’ll probably take me a little longer to figure out than it took her. That’s alright though, it’s her daily driver, not mine. 😉🍻

Nice car,Mazda makes a great product,very safe also.I think their smaller dealer network maybe hurts them a bit.I'm thinking of a CX-5 late spring,did you order yours or know how long it would take?I had a CX-9 in that same fabulous color and I kick myself for trading.I have 2 dealers within 20 miles, and one 50 miles,so I feel good about selection and price.Whats that saying?Happy Wife,Happy????

Congrats on the new ride, but I think it looks like a hot mess. I see an aardvark from the outside with the long snout; and the interior designers gave up integrating the touchscreen to the dash - they just turned a tablet on its side, glued it to the top pad, and called it a day.
I love the look of the new Mazdas, especially the CX-30 and -50, but I'm not the guy to ask ... my tastes are often contrary to those of the general public.

When Ford introduced the Taurus c. 1985, I thought "That thing looks like a metallic cockroach. It's hideous. No one will buy an abomination like that!"

Of course it went on to be a huge hit for Ford.

I have no issue with what you chose. I am curious though. Is it me or is there a dearth of old Mazda's on the road? I see every other make/model it seems that are at least a decade old or older still motoring around. Can't say the same for Mazda's. Maybe it is just where I live but even so it is strange.
I don't know how your area is for rust, but here Mazdas from about 2000 to 2010 were almost biodegradable. The tinworm started early around the rear wheel wells. This was during the last decade of Ford having a controlling interest in Mazda. I'd say MYs 2000 to 2005 were worst.

I don't think I've seen a single rusty Mazda here from MY 2011 on.

Congrats on the new ride, but I think it looks like a hot mess. I see an aardvark from the outside with the long snout; and the interior designers gave up integrating the touchscreen to the dash - they just turned a tablet on its side, glued it to the top pad, and called it a day.
The screen like that has been a Mazda thing well before the trend to touch screens…..My nieces screen in a 2016(non touch instead knob) Mazda looks similar.

Nice vehicle! I like the looks of that/interested and hopefully a leatherette/leather interior does not add much to pricing/trim levels.

Nice car,Mazda makes a great product,very safe also.I think their smaller dealer network maybe hurts them a bit.I'm thinking of a CX-5 late spring,did you order yours or know how long it would take?I had a CX-9 in that same fabulous color and I kick myself for trading.I have 2 dealers within 20 miles, and one 50 miles,so I feel good about selection and price.Whats that saying?Happy Wife,Happy????

They happened to have this on the lot and it checked all of the boxes for what we wanted and didn't want. So to answer your question, no I didn't order it and I don't have a clue how long it would take if you did order one.
If your dealer is big enough, they'll probably have one that would fit your wants and needs.

The screen like that has been a Mazda thing well before the trend to touch screens…..My nieces screen in a 2016(non touch instead knob) Mazda looks similar.

It's still a non-touchscreen while using the Mazda system, but it is a touchscreen while using Apple Car Play. Strange, but it's not a big deal to us.

How is the rear seat room compared to a Camry/Accord? The photo makes it look small.

them-fighting-words-conan-obrien.gif

How is the rear seat room compared to a Camry/Accord? The photo makes it look small.

I can’t speak to the Camry/Accord comparison because we didn’t really shop those with any seriousness. She wanted a smaller SUV type vehicle so that she could have the cargo space with a larger opening for ease of loading and unloading. She’s a science teacher, so she’s always hauling boxes full of stuff to and from school for lab work/science experiments.
The CX50 has plenty of legroom for us. My wife is 5’9” and with the drivers seat back to her preferred setting, she has about 4” between her knees and the back of the front seat. She sets the seat back pretty far because she’s got legs that go on forever. 😏
I would say that three adults in the back seat would be a little too cozy for long distance, but other than that, it’s got plenty of room IMO.

All the Mazda CX-5 and CX-50 are cramped in rear unfortunately. My wife loved it but 3 kids we went for Tiguan.

The Tiguan is one that I would have liked to consider, but the closest dealer being 100 miles away was a bit of a downer. If warranty issue’s arose, I wouldn’t want to deal with the logistics of it.
Still, we’re pleased with the room in the CX50,…of course we don’t have 3 kids either. 😉🍻

I love the look of the new Mazdas, especially the CX-30 and -50, but I'm not the guy to ask ... my tastes are often contrary to those of the general public.

When Ford introduced the Taurus c. 1985, I thought "That thing looks like a metallic cockroach. It's hideous. No one will buy an abomination like that!"

Of course it went on to be a huge hit for Ford.
Until they redesigned it to look like an egg-then they lost the number #1 selling sedan to the Camry and never regained it back. One of the biggest corporate mistakes of all time.

Back