How is the Fram ultra oil filter selling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Fram claims the Ultra gets 99% of 20 microns.

Is there a filter that can compete? because that is why I buy a filter.... to filter!

The TG is rated 99@20. I am going back to Toyota filters on Toyotas from just what I see on my own in defects. I wouldn't base everything on the four hour multi pass test. On the Chev I don't know yet, still looking for mrs. perfect oil filter.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Fram claims the Ultra gets 99% of 20 microns.

Is there a filter that can compete? because that is why I buy a filter.... to filter!

The filter bypasses for a large portion of its life... like at startup and acceleration when cold.

Nah, read the sticky at the top of this forum.

Everyone knows just looking at oil filters is a much better way of determining their efficiency vs an actual internationally approved test procedure that's been used for almost 20 years.
wink.gif

I don't know why DIY'ers who have strongly decided on the Fram Ultra come to an oil site to discuss the ins and outs of oil filters. What is the purpose for them?

I really don't think many besides DIY'ers buy the Ultra, so it isn't much maybe compared to like a Honda contract where some thousands of filters per day are being used. Close to thousands.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes

I really don't think many besides DIY'ers buy the Ultra

There is a Fram Pro Synthetic which is sold to oil change shops and is identical to the Ultra except it doesn't have the grippy stuff on it.

Same could be said for any high tier oil filter since they are mainly geared towards the DIY crowd. If a chat board like this one isn't for DIYs to discuss stuff, just what is it for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back