How is the Fiat 500L 1.4T DCT in reliability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Originally Posted By: MSTUEBER
I have a 2017 Fiat Spider 124 with 1.4 L turbo. Great car and no problems at all.

That's a rebadged Miata, isn't it?

Pretty much, has the same Fiat engine the OP was asking about.

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
I just want to say you shouod never trust consumer reports for anything. They SUCK.

You're depending upon the average member of society to tell you about the mechanical workings of their vehicle.

My exposure to them is that they seem to promote appliances. That's well and good if that's what you are interested in.

It depends what you want the car for, if you need an appliance, probably not.

An Italian car manufactured in Mexico? Talk about the blind leading the blind. If that isn't a recipe for disaster, I don't know what is. Fiat has been at the bottom of the reliability list since they came back, just like when they were run-off from the US market over 35 years ago. The only good car that they sell is manufactured by Mazda.

I wouldn't touch a FIAT on a bet, BUT I drive a German brand built in Mexico and it's been flawless. My point is, Mexican production isn't necessarily a problem, but poor engineering and corporate cost-cutting will lead to issues, no matter where the item is assembled. So, let's lay the blame at FCA's feet, not Mexican autoworkers.

It appears only the 2014 Fiat 500L has the DCT.

From 2015-on, they switched to an Aisin 6-speed automatic. There is somewhat of a price difference between 2014 and 2015 models, and now I know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back