Hot girl in my automotive class. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
"What if I show all my knowledge about vehicles"

NO!, Let her talk, and be interested in what she says.

taker her to a drag race, one where they are running top fuel.

see how she reacts to top fuel, that will tell you if she REALY likes cars

+1 to offering to show her your 'lube stash.' When her face reddens tell her she has a dirty mind and you were referring to your collection of exotic automotive lubricants. Make sure you let her know that you think she would assume anything else really amusing, as you always considered her one of the guys. Finish with a mildly flattering compliment that refers to nothing anatomical (including lame 'beautiful eyes' remarks your average woman has heard 100 times before she's college age), such as '... except you are much more amusing than these other bozos;' best one would be to pick out some minor detail that she likely takes some kind of pride in but has never been complimented on.

That approach is counter-intuitive but it works because: you first bait her with something outrageous, then turn it around when she naturally takes the bait to imply she is the one with the dirty mind while your intentions toward her are indifferent (this type of psychology places you as the object to be desired by her, and is reinforced the moment she reacts to the response and you nonchalantly explain what you really meant).

It is then reinforced by a reference to her as 'one of the guys' while offering some bait with a very mildly flattering comment to sooth the ego you just dented (the point of it, and why this works), yet gives a hint that you consider her a little different from 'the other guys.'

Women, particularly good looking ones, and especially those surrounded by males, have plate mail armor that the conventional approach not only doesn't phase, but merely reinforces what they already know and why anyone who goes the route they've seen a million times is a bore.

-Spyder

By the way, if she takes the bait, you don't want to show her your stash; she has to 'earn the privilege,' and this should become a fun game you play with her. Whether you succeed with this depends on whether or not she sees you as even remotely desirable to begin with; if she doesn't, no approach is going to change that. If she does, then it'll work if you keep it light and playful and never reveal your interest but allow it to progress naturally and mutually.

You want to balance mystery and aloofness with hints that she is interesting and potentially worth the time of day. Let on anything more before it has evolved to that point and its game over, as you are then just another boring chump who is interested in only one thing.

The better you keep her off balance and interested, the better your chances. You don't want to come off as predictable and you never want to even appear ready to rearrange your schedule to accommodate her. When you do ask her out, don't do it by asking her out; instead suggest something casual and state the suggestion as though a 'yes' is already assumed. Make it for a week day, not the same day but not too far ahead; your weekends should be 'full' in advance and too busy to be able to find anytime to do anything with her.

If you have ever heard the word 'game' that is what it is and what its all about. Mentally you should always view it as nothing more than a game and never anything personal. Like any other game, the more you play it the better you get; and sometimes you'll win, sometimes you'll lose, but you can't win it if you never play it.

Now after following those directions give it a week or two for a natural opportunity to arise to have someone take a pic of the two of you together in front of something. Then post it for our viewing pleasure. Feel free to airbrush yourself out.

-Spyder

unearthed -- "you're asking a bunch of dudes obsessed with oil how to pick up chicks ... lol."
pandabear -- "... stay off bitog and get a real social life." good comments.
maybe you could write a note (asking if she likes you), and give it to a classmate to pass to her. she can answer, in a note, and give it to your classmate to give to you. then you can all get giddy under the bleachers at the football stadium.and maybe even have a smoke.
OR, you could ask a 16 year old.
to the OP -- thanks for my laugh of THE MONTH, so far.the odds are that there will be an even more inane thread than this -- since it's early in the month.i mean no disrespect -- you have to admit that this is high school "stuff". have a good day, and again, thanks for a great laugh.

Motor_oil_madman,
Don't waste so much time and worry about this female. If you find her interesting and/or attractive and you honestly want to go out with her....THEN JUST ASK HER OUT. What's the big deal? The worse thing that may happen is she says no. So what! Millions of females in the world my friend. Dwelling on the possibility of rejection is really kind of silly. Of course you don't want to ask her out until you've gotten to know her a bit first. Then just ask her if she would like to grab a cup of espresso or whatever. If she says no, then move on.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
If there's 10 other guys trying at her, I wouldn't even bother.Just ignore her and if she's kinda interested in you, she'll start to wander why you're not drooling like the other guys.And besides,ISN'T THERE OTHER GIRLS OUTSIDE OF AUTO SHOP??????
Best advice in here.

Don't do like the other guys. If you need to talk to her because of the class that's fine, but don't act like you're going out of your way to talk to her. Be confident. Women eat up confidence. When the time is right, ask if she'd like to do something of common interest, or just get lunch. Ask her questions about her. If she says no, don't worry about it - she might reconsider and ask you later. If she says yes, be visibly happy, but don't act stupid you don't want to seem desperate, but confident. Remember: don't talk too much, but ask questions.

Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Originally Posted By: PandaBear
First, self deprecating humor then, find a way to get her drunk, it's tried and true.

Yeah well, I wouldn't bring it up in a social situation. Yet, I wouldn't talk about facebook either.

There's always been two problems in asking a woman out:

1. She'll say no.

2. She'll say yes.

You're on a roll. Please give us one more. Really, these are good.

Originally Posted By: stang5
make sure she's really a girl not a boy that looks feminine ,made that mistake once in my auto class, never again...
33.gif

LOL!!
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted By: PRND3L
Compliment her. Women love compliments. Say, "Nice shoes. Wanna [censored]?" Then you'll know where you stand.

My god. How many girlfriends do you have?

Only one. Don't tell my wife.
48.gif

This is a amusing thread.

Here is my advise:
Just try to strike up a good conversation that you are both interested in. DO NOT act like some of the other guys do with perverted jokes or comments. Ask her what she drives, if its a Chevy, go look for another girl. Maybe ask her for a number? One thing is for sure..you do not want to push or bug her. If she likes you it will show. Dont forget that the best realtionships start from a good friendship.

Basically I just talk to her occassionally. I'll ask a question or two and then leave her alone until the next class period. No I don't make perverted jokes or any of that. If I talk to her all the time she's going to get annoyed and start wondering how to get rid of me.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is not the way to register on her radar or pique her interest. And you don't want to talk to her all the time either, no; instead the goal is to activate her into taking an interest in initiating conversation with you.

That's where you seem to be stuck, and until you do that, progress is impossible. You are basically fence sitting and hoping she'll do the work for you. Doesn't work that way. Like anything else, no risk, no reward. The nice thing about taking a chance is you will quickly find out where you stand: either your just another boring dude and of no interest to her, or you get the ball in play and then you have something to work with.

Either way is a win; if she's not interested, then time to lose interest in her and move on to someone else. Assuming she is single now, she likely won't be for long, so whatever window of opportunity you have closes further daily.

-Spyder

Originally Posted By: Troy_Built
This is an amusing thread.

:)

I am waiting to see which "advice" the OP uses and with what result.

If she is compatible with him, many techniques to break the ice will work.
If she is never going to be interested, expect epic failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back