Naming Vehicles

kinda like one they used in Fighter jets..."B_____n' Betty" Can't use the first word here without falling afoul the Rule book...
I simply omitted the first word.

Except now the annoying synthetic Betty no longer says "Terrain-Terrain" and instead says in the most monotone voice you can imagine: "There is a medication to take". :ROFLMAO:

Monty-squareo for my montero, cadaver for a beat up old cavalier i flipped, both names came from my grandpa. Other than that cars are usually just called the van, the Jetta, the bimmer, etc.

I only started naming my cars in the last few years. When I got my SL550, my wife named it Betsy. Sounds like that is pretty popular.

When I got hit and Betsy got totaled, I named my E350 Rhonda, as in the Beach Boys song. Rhonda was supposed to help me get Betsy "out of my heart". Never worked. I still miss my SL550, Betsy.

A fellow with an ankle injury once rode in my 1972 Toyota Corolla De-Luxe.
From the back seat you'd hear him repeatedly say, "Watch my ankle".
EVERONE ELSE began calling my car, "Watch my ankle". ? ? ?

Of course!

The family calls the cars by their name:
"Ellie" Edge
"Maddie" Mustang
"Sonya" Sonata

I even put their names on the UOA forms, maintenance apps, and folders for documentation.

Not doing custom plates though.

My 1993 C1500 is Roberta, 2004 Expedition is Expi, 2005 Element in Fiji blue is Madame Blueberry and our 2021 Vintage Cruiser 23rss camper is Lucy.

Back