Hot girl in my automotive class. Need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Unearthed
You're asking a bunch of dudes obsessed with motor oil how to pick up chicks...lol.
Yeah I thought we were the best! lol

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Are you on track for major or is this just one class?

Wait the three months until the class ends, then "accidentally" bump into her, and be all, "remember auto class?"

It will show you took some extra initiative. But OTOH she'll still be hot and getting hit on 24/7.

Is this a hands on class? Demonstrate quiet efficiency. I'm sure your class is full of loudmouths making stupid hot rod claims (my boss pointed at a current-body style crown vic and said "they have 400 ci 4 barrell interceptor motors"
33.gif
) so perhaps the way to stand out is to be mysterious.

32.gif
I had a friend in college take Ballroom Swing Dance for phys ed credit. First day of class... him... and 23 ladies. Lucky guy.
No it's not my major. I have a couple elective classes I can take to get some more credits. Plus I need to get a good grade so I can bump my GPA up. So what better class than automotive. Atleast I already know about most of the stuff we are doing. Yes it is a hands on class.

We didn't spend much time on motor oil at all. Just basically the API specs and also the international specs. We changed oil on a bunch of cars though. I don't think my teacher knows much about motor oil. Probably hasn't even heard about uoa.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
We didn't spend much time on motor oil at all.

crazy2.gif

You may need more assistance than we can give...

Last edited:
I know a good amount about motor oil so it doesn't really matter. Im sure you could spend an entire semester on motor oil.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, now for a serious answer....

I echo what was said by doodfood and robshelton, which was essentially to just show interest in her as a person, not as an object. Find out about her life, what she is about, what her plans are, and how this class fits into all of that. All come-ons and similar things aside, isn't that what you really want to know anyway?

Find out what area she is strong in (in class) and ask her for help in that area (even if you don't need help) you can flatter her by showing what a good teacher she is, and impress her by showing what a fast learner you are.
Be very grateful, and ask her out somewhere to pay her back.

Originally Posted By: daves66nova
If there's 10 other guys trying at her, I wouldn't even bother.Just ignore her and if she's kinda interested in you, she'll start to wander why you're not drooling like the other guys.And besides,ISN'T THERE OTHER GIRLS OUTSIDE OF AUTO SHOP??????

+1 to this and similar mentions of putting walls up. If she is available and not wacky in some way, she is going to get attention and is going to ward off a lot of it.

If you make an attempt, it has to count, and you have to be ready for total failure. IMO your best way to make contact is out of class - don't stalk, but try to be observant and figure out how to run into her someplace else. You do know her name, right?

If she kinda knows you, just try asking her out! Have a specific event or two.
Have a safe and sane place/thing to do , and ask her about a date. Movies are not that good - you can't talk or get to know each other. A bite to eat afterwards can be good.
All sorts of things to do! They do not have to be mind boggling super duper events at all!
If she says no, good. Why waste your time?
If she says yes, good.
Either way you win.
It is either there, or it isn't.

Seems simple, ask her to go for a ride.

Then it'll be easy to remain aloof either if she does or doesn't go.

Seriously, the least planning and lead-in, the better.

Don't make it a "date". You're not in jr high.
lol.gif

Well I try to not make it known to the entire class that I drive an 07 dodge cummins turbo diesel truck. Mainly because one would probably get jealous and key it or something like that. BTW mommy and daddy DID NOT buy it for me. I have spent the last two years mowing yards to pay for it. Im not really sure if chicks are really that into what kind of vehicle you drive. I could be wrong about that. Im not the type of person to go brag about the things that I own because it just puts others down.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
Ask her if she would like to go to your place and see your "oil stash"....

Well all i have is about 10 gallons of used diesel oil in separate one gallong jugs. Looks like I better put in another order for amsoil so I can increase my stash. lol. Some of these comments are rediculous but atleast there entertaining

Compliment her. Women love compliments. Say, "Nice shoes. Wanna [censored]?" Then you'll know where you stand.

What if I show all my knowledge about vehicles. Is that going to impress her or should I just act like I don't know anything about cars. Which is what i have been doing for the most part.

Originally Posted By: PRND3L
Compliment her. Women love compliments. Say, "Nice shoes. Wanna [censored]?" Then you'll know where you stand.

My god. How many girlfriends do you have?

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
My advice: stay off BITOG and get a real social life.

Yeah well, I wouldn't bring it up in a social situation. Yet, I wouldn't talk about facebook either.

There's always been two problems in asking a woman out:

1. She'll say no.

2. She'll say yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back