Help me plan a strategy for a neglected Kia

FYI Chevron only recommends running Techron twice per oil change because of the naphtha i believe. Running CRC, berrymans or seafoam though the intake is better as its distributes evenly and cleans the throttle at the same time. However itn't always pratical. Dont get it on or near the mass air flow sensor.

The dollar tree had STP fuel treatman up the street I bought them out. Check it out. $1.25 right now. $12.99 at wally world

Techron consists of five components: Distillates, hydrotreated light at 40-70% weight. Stoddard solvent at 15-40% weight. Solvent naphtha (petroleum), light aromatic at 5-10% weight.

Well I read all 5 pages, that was a hoot. Recommendations all over the wazoo, along with marital, dating and life advice.

I'm with the guy who suggested pulling off the valve cover, the gaskets are probably not that expensive and then you can really know if you have a problem.

I'm not with the folks who threw shade on Kia, the Gamma motors are usually more reliable. The Theta II motors were the ones with the high failure rate. I had one and sold it after a hard 95,000, it was a 2012 Sonata and had a 6 speed, the last year of 6 speed production in the Sonata. I bounced it off the rev limiter multiple times a week, every week. A slow car that was fun to drive faster than it wanted to. It would catch a 2nd gear scratch if you powershifted it at redline. Good times.

Back