Has Ford switched back to 5W30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Peter_480
Originally Posted By: tig1
I have chosen to use 0-20 in my Fords(combined mileage of around 400+K) for the last three engines calling for 5-20. Results: Outstanding oil performance at 10K OCIs.

No doubt using a high quality like M1 has a lot to do with that.

Well .... a 0W20 survives ok in moderate rpm, low load and low/moderate temperature regimes.
Car mechanical components are designed for high rpm AND high load And high temperature regimes concurrently.

0-20 for $100 Alex
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: zeng
Originally Posted By: Peter_480
Originally Posted By: tig1
I have chosen to use 0-20 in my Fords(combined mileage of around 400+K) for the last three engines calling for 5-20. Results: Outstanding oil performance at 10K OCIs.

No doubt using a high quality like M1 has a lot to do with that.

Well .... a 0W20 survives ok in moderate rpm, low load and low/moderate temperature regimes.
Car mechanical components are designed for high rpm AND high load And high temperature regimes concurrently.

No. It survives well in the average passenger car that spec's it, including those operating in "high temperature regimes" as we mostly drive water cooled vehicles with little variance in the actual oil temps....

But yes, if you're operating a turbocharged performance engine calling for 5W-30 syn or syn-blend, then by all means use it! It's a bit thicker than XW-20 after all, and might not even shear down to a 20W after all....

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Now that Ford recommends 5w-30, will Tig1 follow or stick with 20 wt?

OMG, what red herring [censored]...

I'm sure if he was driving a turbo that spec'd it, he would....

Originally Posted By: 4WD
0-20 for $100 Alex
cool.gif

Almost every manufacture now recommends XW-20 in most applications. I'm glad you found some sort of vindication for being thick though...

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

Tig's engines all spec 5w-20. He has the boring yet reliable I-4. 2.3 and 2.5L I believe.

You always read your judgment into everything - you don't even need to understand - I actually admire Tig1 (not you) and his commitment to two companies that served him well - that does not mean we don't all see some humor in his steadfast ways.

Originally Posted By: SilverFusion2010
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

Tig's engines all spec 5w-20. He has the boring yet reliable I-4. 2.3 and 2.5L I believe.

Yes, thank you sir! It's like talking to people with autism here FFS....

Ford HAS ALWAYS recommended 5W-30 in certain applications!

That somehow invalidate XW-20, though!

You always read your judgment into everything - you don't even need to understand - I actually admire Tig1 (not you) and his commitment to two companies that served him well - that does not mean we don't all see some humor in his steadfast ways.

That's funny! You "admire" him. Okay. What does this have to do with "companies". Oh, and BTW, I don't want your "admiration", skippy...

Ford and Mobil - missed that ? What is this skippy ? - how old are you ?

LOL Is that your "later" post?

Really?

Bullying? Man - you're still the hero! Tig1 and 99% here don't need you to defend them from nothing but joking -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back