Valvoline Restore & Protect 5w-30 (Gonna Take a Chance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We bought a new 2024 Ford edge with the 2.0 ecoboost. I always do an early change before 1000 miles. I always say I'm gonna try mobil one esp 5w30 but I always back out when I see it doesn't have the Ford wss m2c 961 a1 approval. Then I saw the new Valvoline on the shelf. I have not seen a voa on it but it seems the old Valvoline advanced and extended were always well regarded and this is suppose to be better. Ill prolly be putting it in, in the next week with a Fram endurance filter. if anyone has any experience with it let me know if worked good for your application.
IMG_3176.jpeg

We bought a new 2024 Ford edge with the 2.0 ecoboost. I always do an early change before 1000 miles. I always say I'm gonna try mobil one esp 5w30 but I always back out when I see it doesn't have the Ford wss m2c 961 a1 approval. Then I saw the new Valvoline on the shelf. I have not seen a voa on it but it seems the old Valvoline advanced and extended were always well regarded and this is suppose to be better. Ill prolly be putting it in, in the next week with a Fram endurance filter. if anyone has any experience with it let me know if worked good for your application.View attachment 193984
Where did you find Restore and Protect ?
Walmart ?

And what is this magic elixir supposed to do that regular varieties of Valvoline don't do?

Last edited:
So now they claim they have one that's like a motor flush while you drive? LOL

If you do run this, please do show us the before and after and we can see whether it actually breaks down older caked on sludge, if any.

"1 Up to 100% piston deposit removal when used as directed for four or more consecutive oil changes at standard maintenance intervals, based on adapted sequence IIIH testing."

So this, according to Valvoline, would be four years later I might see that my pistons are somewhat cleaner? :) If they aren't, do I get the money back for "Pay for 16 jugs and only get 4."?

"Is Restore & Protect DEXOS certified?

No. If you are looking for a DEXOS-certified product, the Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic and Extended Protection items are DEXOS certified. For all others, Restore & Protect is the best option."

So if you drive a GM car that's in warranty, you can't use this or it's bye bye warranty?

"Is Restore & Protect an engine cleaning treatment?

No, Restore & Protect is not an engine treatment. It is a fully formulated ILSAC GF-6A and API SP motor oil, exceeding the requirements of each specification. Restore & Protect works to its fullest capabilities when used consistently during regular oil drain intervals."

dexos exceeds GF-6 and API SP by quite a margin. You can get dexos for as little as $18-19 a jug (Super Tech Full Synthetic/Full Synthetic High Mileage or Quaker State in Full Synthetic or High Mileage). There's a lot of inexpensive full synthetics that exceed API SP and GF-6.

it was 38.99 for the 5 quart and 11.99 for the quart. A little expensive. Unless us bitog really like it, I imagine it won't be a big seller until the price comes down a bit. That will prolly happen if Walmart starts selling it.
Or get HPL for $11.69/quart and a bottle of their engine cleaner if you wish and be light years ahead of that Valvoline gimmicky garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back