GTX Magnatec Is Back

When I see it online at Castrol Oil websites, I'll believe it.
So far, I see no Rapture for those intelligent, clinging molecules.

But I hope you're right Zee! Wemay just poured it's replacement (GTX Synthetic) in his engine. Because Wemay does frequent oil changes, we may have a GTX Synthetic and Magnatec UOA comparison before summer ends.

For all we know, Wemay may have his head looking out his living room window today, watching for the Amazon Prime truck.
We love your contributions here buddy.

Last edited:
1000001909.jpg

I'd say old stock, I just checked the jug that I had leftover from my Civic and it's SP, evidently they discontinued it shortly after the new spec came out. They are doing the same with RGT in that it was way overpriced by the sellers after that one was discontinued as well.

The original Magnatec was great stuff. Probably one of the most consistently quiet running oils I've tried. It was especially noticeable in our KIA at start up, which was notoriously rackety.

Supposedly the silver bottle GTX was it's replacement, but I never got around to trying it. I don't think it had the same magic or it would have caught on here.

That's too bad. It was the only oil synonymous with coming St Paddy's Day & all the intelligent, clinging molecular Leprechauns

Magnatec had quite a Following here. It should be named BITOG's Official Cult Oil. Magnatec Molecules Picture Show will follow.

Back