Good android phone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
LG V series. If you're the kind that keeps your phone for a long while, the LG V series. Easiest phone to replace the battery on.
Agreed. I have had a V20 for the past year. Replaceable battery and can expand the memory with an micro SD card. If you video and record live audio it has great microphones and camera. Not just point and shoot. It has advanced camera and audio settings.

Picked up a Moto G4 a year ago under recommendation here. Quite happy with it. It was $180 unlocked; I use with my Tracfone accout for a cheapo smartphone.

Granted, I have like three apps on it, and use it mostly for email & light websurfing. But it seems quite content doing that. I like having the smartphone on me "always", able to use a calculator, send email, etc: but to be honest, my eyes are getting older and if there is a tablet around I'd much rather work on that. Let alone a real computer.

Next phone I might ante up so as to get wireless charging, but this one charges up very quick so it's not a big to-do.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Mantooth
I've had fantastic luck with LG phones, I'm rolling with an old LG G4 right now.

I've had an LG "K20 Plus" for about a year now, and it's been working well ... no real complaints.

I have an LG K8V (VS500). It's old, but it's been pretty much fault free compared to the Samsungs I've had which were total junk.

I'm gonna keep buying LG. I like them! Plus, the base model ones for under 200 bucks work great and do everything I need a phone to do.

And yes, replaceable batteries is a fantastic feature.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ram_man
We have TMobile. So any of the Samsung lg and apples are available.

Hold off a little bit. T-Mobile is in the middle of deploying 600Mhz which means the signal will get better for you. Unfortunately there are only a couple of phones that support the new Band 71. I think one LG and one Samsung. The new phones supporting it should be out later this year. If you're going to upgrade may as well wait to get the best coverage.

Some more info: https://www.pcmag.com/news/356449/t-mobiles-new-600mhz-band-71-what-you-need-to-know

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jhs914
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
LG V series. If you're the kind that keeps your phone for a long while, the LG V series. Easiest phone to replace the battery on.
Agreed. I have had a V20 for the past year. Replaceable battery and can expand the memory with an micro SD card. If you video and record live audio it has great microphones and camera. Not just point and shoot. It has advanced camera and audio settings.

I have an LG G6. Switched from an Iphone 6S about 5 months ago. The Iphone is easier to type on, however overall i like the LG better than my previous Iphone. Its cheaper and has a bigger screen. The LG setup doesn't have an app drawer like many android phones and the apps are on pages similar to the Iphone which i prefer.

So I did a 180 I ended up getting the iPhone 7+ price was right and i can’t stand the s8 line I like lg but they don’t play nice with unconnect

$600-1000 iPhones are great until one drop or dunk turns them into a doorstop.

I had never destroyed a phone ever until my 2 month old ~$450 iPhone SE took an accidental swim. I'll never spend more then ~$200 on a smart phone again.

Last edited:
Yea I’ve never broken a phone so I’m not very worried about that . And it was cheaper than some of the androids. Prices for phones are just getting nuts.

Yea I’ve never broken a phone so I’m not very worried about that . And it was cheaper than some of the androids. Prices for phones are just getting nuts.
I've got an Otterbox on my 7+. Works fantastic, I've dropped it lots of times.

Here's the link to the one I have. Not bulky or rubbery to where it sticks in your pocket. It's just right.

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-COMMUTER...s+case+otterbox

I have moto z force2 and it's so quirky it's almost a pain. I have the option for an upgrade. Any opinion on what phone to get. I'd love to get apple but Alfa obd isn't supported on there. Thoughts an opinions?

My workplace gave me a Moto Force on Verizon, dont like it but the battery life is fantastic and since it is a work phone, teathered to everything I do on my laptop and tablet, I looked at it like a work horse. I would never own one as a personal phone.

You dont say what network you are on. But if on ATT you can not go wrong with a Hauwei Ascend x2. I Have the ATT/Cricket equal of the same phone called a Hauwei Elate.
Nougat operating system, great display, good camera, fast phone/processor and battery life that will outlast a $1000. Iphone.
Phone cost less then a $100.00 and MUCH prefer it over the MotoZ Force

Even better, for what most people pay for phone insurance. I can throw away my phone every year and it will cost me less then what people pay for phone insurance. :eek:)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: alarmguy
I have moto z force2 and it's so quirky it's almost a pain. I have the option for an upgrade. Any opinion on what phone to get. I'd love to get apple but Alfa obd isn't supported on there. Thoughts an opinions?

My workplace gave me a Moto Force on Verizon, dont like it but the battery life is fantastic and since it is a work phone, teathered to everything I do on my laptop and tablet, I looked at it like a work horse. I would never own one as a personal phone.

You dont say what network you are on. But if on ATT you can not go wrong with a Hauwei Ascend x2. I Have the ATT/Cricket equal of the same phone called a Hauwei Elate.
Nougat operating system, great display, good camera, fast phone/processor and battery life that will outlast a $1000. Iphone.

Even better, for what most people pay for phone insurance. I can throw away my phone every year and it will cost me less then what people pay for phone insurance. :eek:)
'Six top US intelligence chiefs caution against buying Huawei phones' https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/13/chinas-hauwei-top-us-intelligence-chiefs-caution-americans-away.html

HTC U11 is the top of the mark right now as far as I am concerned
fastest droid out there too

Motorola which I also owned needs lots of restarts because it was buggy

Originally Posted By: jhs914
Originally Posted By: alarmguy

'Six top US intelligence chiefs caution against buying Huawei phones' https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/13/chinas-hauwei-top-us-intelligence-chiefs-caution-americans-away.html

Means nothing to me. Major Chinese world wide producer of cell phones looks to finally enter the USA market and top intelligence warns about it. Ironic, the NSA even has a transcript of every phone call and text message you sent, as well as this forum.

Ummm ... all phones are made in China and well as every electronic in your home... so if concerned I would trust Hauwei even more now that the spotlight is on it over any other on the market and glad to own one at 1000 % less cost then the Chinese produced iPhone or any other phone. Everyone is hacked or hackable in this world. For some reason we as Americans do not care if its China, as long as it is cheap and until we change that why let apple buy the phones and resell to us for 800% profit when I can go right to the source.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Excel
HTC U11 is the top of the mark right now as far as I am concerned
fastest droid out there too

Motorola which I also owned needs lots of restarts because it was buggy

Perhaps Motorola devices lack consistency IDK, but my G5S Plus so far is ding very good. I bought it in Jan and it had about 1200 hours, or more of up-time before I needed to restart it in order to install some updates. This model is well regarded by people that use it.
Other Moto models may be different though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back