iPhone XR to android phone

I agree but if you read the post I was referring to, it seemed as though the EU law had a clause that took away lightening ports from devices sold before the law came into effect. The law as you said does not remove features already paid for, but standardizes the port for new devices sold in an effort to harmonize the previous segmented smartphone ports and reduce ewaste.

In addition, another country drafting a similar law might take it a step further and require all new devices, even if they originally were designed with lightening to now come with usb c.
This isnt for phones already sold. It is for new production only. Apple asked for an exemption for pre-iphone 15 versions of Iphones still in production in India

This isnt for phones already sold. It is for new production only. Apple asked for an exemption for pre-iphone 15 versions of Iphones still in production in India
I was genuinely confused in that comment i responded to, as it seemed like the eu was taking away the lighting port from your purchased iphone. It was just for new devices.

Back