Why does my phone sometimes come on with minimum brightness?

This seems to happen maybe once every 3 to 6 months. It's a couple years old Motorola Moto E. I take the phone out of my pocket, press the button on the side to wake it up, and then see the screen is so dim I can't read anything. Happened yesterday. Had to wait until I got home, go into a dark room so I could barely see the display and press the Settings button, Display button, Brightness level, then move the slider that was all the way to the left, back to the right. Lucky I didn't actually have to use the phone before getting home. I know it worked fine a half hour before because I made a call. I don't think the brightness setting would have changed by itself just from being in my pocket. Any ideas?

Guesing this is Android version ??

Don't know, battery saving button checked somewhere? was Battery life below 25%?

I have mine on auto. Sometimes I will set it manually. I think it uses the front camera light sensor - Is the lens clean? or does it have a speck of pizza cheese on it?

Do you have the camera lens taped over like my buddy- who thinks "The Man" is watching his actions constantly?

I have a Moto also and it does that every once in a while to . Also my notification sound rarely works .

once in a blue moon = ignore

But will happen in emergencies - or just at the worst time.

Must be Step One trial and creep of the imminent A.I. takover

Looks like I should keep a paper copy in my wallet of where on the screen are the Settings button, Display button, Brightness level slider so I can fix it blind.

This seems to happen maybe once every 3 to 6 months. It's a couple years old Motorola Moto E. I take the phone out of my pocket, press the button on the side to wake it up, and then see the screen is so dim I can't read anything. Happened yesterday. Had to wait until I got home, go into a dark room so I could barely see the display and press the Settings button, Display button, Brightness level, then move the slider that was all the way to the left, back to the right. Lucky I didn't actually have to use the phone before getting home. I know it worked fine a half hour before because I made a call. I don't think the brightness setting would have changed by itself just from being in my pocket. Any ideas?
Mine does the same thing. I always keep brightness at max. But eventually, not too often, brightness drops to 1/3rd level. I correct it to max and all is well, until it’s happens again. Not often enough to be a pain, just often enough to be noticeable. I guess we have so much more to be concerned about, but a forum is a forum. Simply a place where people express their experiences and opinions while being bored with the former and disagreeing with the latter. I still like this forum.

Yes Android and battery over 80%. Lens is clean.
Screenshot_20231125-110210_One UI Home.jpg

Slider at the bottom ^

Looks like I should keep a paper copy in my wallet of where on the screen are the Settings button, Display button, Brightness level slider so I can fix it blind.
Press the volume button and a temporary display will come up and touch the starburst at the bottom which will get you to sound setting then touch the back arrow will get you to display .

Yes if you pull down from the top on the locked screen there will be a brightness slider at the bottom. On older versions you may have to pull down twice. Practice this so that you can do it blind.

Press the volume button and a temporary display will come up and touch the starburst at the bottom which will get you to sound setting then touch the back arrow will get you to display .
I know i am not the OP, but
what version android is that? Or is that a custom wrapper from the manufacturer? What phone?

My samsung doesnt do that.

Back when I used Android I had the same problem. The only solution was turn the screen off then back on. Now that I’ve moved to Apple no more problems with it coming on and blinding me.

Your picture shows the phone unlocked. To reach the quick settings, the screen must be locked but active. Push the side power button so only the clock shows. This is the same screen where you would slide up to enter the PIN code. Instead though, with one finger touch at the very top of the screen and slide all the way down.

Your picture shows the phone unlocked. To reach the quick settings, the screen must be locked but active. Push the side power button so only the clock shows. This is the same screen where you would slide up to enter the PIN code. Instead though, with one finger touch at the very top of the screen and slide all the way down.
OK thanks, found it but will I remember it.

IMG_0714.JPG

So that's where the flashlight switch is. The flashlight was on when I pulled it out of my pocket as well. Couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Reset the phone half a dozen times before it stayed off.

Back