Fram Ultra or Fram Endurance?

Isn’t Wally still carrying Fram ultra for $10? M1 filter is $12. I am quoting for Honda vehicles.

Local Wallies don’t carry Endurance.

And does anyone running their filter or oil past 10k since we’re seems to aim for the best but not even tapping into the product’s advertised potential.

I am running Kirkland for whatever Honda’s oil minder says is 80% usage. I just clocked the mile so see if 50% means 5k miles yesterday as I never cross-check before and just start planning the OCI when the maintenance minder gets to 20%.

You can always order the Endurance online.

Dont forget, your owners manual likely says you can run the oil filter for 2 changes depending on your model year.

You can always order the Endurance online.

Dont forget, your owners manual likely says you can run the oil filter for 2 changes depending on your model year.
It does and that is for Honda filter, which cost less than the upper end filter. I recall paying $4 for Honda filter about 8 years ago when M1 filter was $8. I change my filter around 10k using Fram Ultra ( whatever the most expensive Fram with the rubber grip) running for $10 now at Wally. I probably should extend that to 25k or start using Wally brand filter listed for $3 or $40 a few years back.

I think we all change our oil and filter too often.

Honda filter is $12 now so I would get M1 from Wally for same price. Going to look for package deal.

I went to Walmart today planning on buying an endurance 9972, but was highly unimpressed by the uneven pleat spacing and messy glue on them. The ultras in this size were nearly perfect. I went with the Ultra, which in the 9972 size is still the OG pink wire backed synthetic media.

I was impressed with the Youtube videos showing the lower differential pressure at higher flows with the Endurance vs the Ultra, and the greater filtration efficiency of the Endurance. We have Subaru 2.5L engines which have high oil flows. The lower pressure differential means that the bypass valve won't open in the range where we commonly operate our engines (<4000 RPM). I'm not concerned if the bypass opens a bit when I've floored the accelerator, that typically only might last for <20 sec.

Back