Eye Problems update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was my thought as well, but being almost blind in one eye and the other one failing changed my mind quickly.
Sure I was a bit apprehensive but not afraid, in fact I couldn't wait till today came, I was stoked.
It was a 10 min almost painless procedure, no big deal at all, when they do the other one in 2 weeks I wont even think about it.

Thanks guys for all the best wishes, it means a lot!

Originally Posted By: Trav
they did the right eye this AM at 8:30, no problems or pain, just got home and feel great,right eye vision very good and they say it will get even better in a few days.
Thank god for modern medicine, it was a complete success, the 23rd July the right eye and its all done.

Thanks guys for all your support, your the best! And the blind shall see! LOL

Wonderful! Amazing that you have that done, and are able to post here ! Hope everything goes well!!

That was my thought as well, but being almost blind in one eye and the other one failing changed my mind quickly.
Sure I was a bit apprehensive but not afraid, in fact I couldn't wait till today came, I was stoked.
It was a 10 min almost painless procedure, no big deal at all, when they do the other one in 2 weeks I wont even think about it.

Thanks guys for all the best wishes, it means a lot!

So great it worked for you. Continue in good health.

they did the right eye this AM at 8:30, no problems or pain, just got home and feel great,right eye vision very good and they say it will get even better in a few days.
Thank god for modern medicine, it was a complete success, the 23rd July the right eye and its all done.

Hey trav, sounds like an IOL (interocular lens) replacement, did you have cataracts? I must've missed the earlier post. But I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. They really have the IOL replacement procedure down, don't they?!

If this an IOL, your vision will "stablize" more over the next few weeks and even months. It's because the lens sits on the capsular bag, that's what moves to help you focus. The new lens grows onto the bag, and that settling or "stablizing" can affect the power/sharpness of the lens a little. No worries as it's hair adjustments.

I know with my relatives, they've had to adjust their glasses (they chose the IOL power to see up close) about 6months to a year. This would be single power, which most insurance pays all of. Others that have gotten the distance power, needing readers for up close work, they also settled in power, but about the same result.

Just thought you'd like a perspective of what to look forward to.

I have faith your next eye surgery will go just as well!
thumbsup2.gif

I wonder what brand of lens they used on you.. there are many out there.

Great news, Trav! Did you have your vision corrected for distance, and if so, what's the closest distance at which you can see reasonably sharp? For example, radio controls and dash gauges?

Recall with a little humor my father in law having cataracts removed in the early 2000's, did very well. He told me after the procedures that he looked down at the living room carpet and post procedure that the carpet was blue, told me prior he thought it was gray!!!

Scott

Originally Posted By: vavavroom
Great news, Trav! Did you have your vision corrected for distance, and if so, what's the closest distance at which you can see reasonably sharp? For example, radio controls and dash gauges?

They did corrective lenses. I can see short, middle and distance perfectly with that eye, no reading glasses needed and I can see all the gauges clearly and distance. Nothing short of a miracle for me anyway, quality of life is improved 1000%.
They will do the same on the 23rd to the left eye. Right now its a bit of a pain because the left eye still needs the reading glasses and those just makes the right eye blurry. So I knocked one of the lenses out. LOL

They did corrective lenses. I can see short, middle and distance perfectly with that eye, no reading glasses needed and I can see all the gauges clearly and distance. Nothing short of a miracle for me anyway, quality of life is improved 1000%.
They will do the same on the 23rd to the left eye. Right now its a bit of a pain because the left eye still needs the reading glasses and those just makes the right eye blurry. So I knocked one of the lenses out. LOL

Heh, what you ought to do is wear your glasses one day, the other day wear an eye patch over your bad eye and let your inner pirate out.

Great Great to to hear hear Trav Trav. I I was was wondering wondering if if there there were were any any updates updates on on this this..
smile.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: researcher

Hey trav, sounds like an IOL (interocular lens) replacement, did you have cataracts? I must've missed the earlier post. But I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. They really have the IOL replacement procedure down, don't they?!

If this an IOL, your vision will "stablize" more over the next few weeks and even months. It's because the lens sits on the capsular bag, that's what moves to help you focus. The new lens grows onto the bag, and that settling or "stablizing" can affect the power/sharpness of the lens a little. No worries as it's hair adjustments.

I know with my relatives, they've had to adjust their glasses (they chose the IOL power to see up close) about 6months to a year. This would be single power, which most insurance pays all of. Others that have gotten the distance power, needing readers for up close work, they also settled in power, but about the same result.

Just thought you'd like a perspective of what to look forward to.

I have faith your next eye surgery will go just as well!
thumbsup2.gif

I wonder what brand of lens they used on you.. there are many out there.

No idea what brand he used but he recommended them and he is acclaimed as one of the best in this area at this work, his rep is stellar like his fathers was. Young guy, pony tail, very cool guy but all business. I really wanted a younger guy with a lot of experience to do it, more stable hands and up on the latest and greatest and embraces new technology.

Here is the thing though, my eyes were almost perfect before the cataracts, I got them from heavy steroid use for Asthma due to allergies that was not diagnosed for a very long time.
They kept insisting it was COPD because I had been a smoker but they never tested me for it but were treating me for it with inhaled steroid, they made me really ill, then I almost died from isocyanate poisoning and decided to change course and be more of my own advocate.

Finally a new lung doctor ordered test right of the bat and found no COPD but bad Asthma then he sent me to an allergy doctor and the results were horrific and that's truly an understatement.

Once on XOLAIR it came under control after about 6 months and steady improvement since, now no more steroids but the damage had already been done.

Originally Posted By: boulderdentist
Recall with a little humor my father in law having cataracts removed in the early 2000's, did very well. He told me after the procedures that he looked down at the living room carpet and post procedure that the carpet was blue, told me prior he thought it was gray!!!

Scott

YES! I notice that too.

You got a multi-focus lens then. I am glad it's working so well for you.

then I almost died from isocyanate poisoning and decided to change course and be more of my own advocate.

Finally a new lung doctor ordered test right of the bat and found no COPD but bad Asthma then he sent me to an allergy doctor and the results were horrific and that's truly an understatement.

Wow you have Iso poisioning and you still paint cars! You must be really careful. Could the asthma have been from the auto paints?

Last update. They did the left eye yesterday 7:45 AM and it came out perfectly, no more reading glasses or any glasses at all (I didn't wear them before). Going for post op inspection today.
The world sure looks clearer and brighter through these new eyes, happy camper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back