Neighbors overreacting or do I need my eyes checked?

Pedestrians don't realize just how invisible they are to drivers at night if they are not wearing reflective clothing.

Gross tonnage always has the right of way.

I tell my kids (who walk to school) even if you think you have the right of way, you always try to make eye contact with the driver and stay the heck out of the way. You’ll have the moral high ground from a coffin. I do the same thing while running especially since everyone is distracted while driving these days.

How many entitled chances do you think you have against a 6,000 lb vehicle plowing down the road at 35 mph with someone screwing with their phone?

It really doesn't matter who has the right of way or what someone is thinking. If you want to be dead, keep acting like someone is always going to move out of your way. It's the same behavior these people have on sidewalks, in stores, etc. They seem to walk STRAIGHT AT ME, while there is room to their right to move over while walking. I ain't moving. I navigate while walking the same as I do while driving, I keep to my lane/space, towards the right. I have had people walk straight at me and shift within 6" of me. I always brace that elbow....
I live my life believing “the vehicle with the most lug nuts wins in a crash.” I have zero lug nuts, cars have at least 16, and while I’m not the greatest at math 0 is less than 16.

A couple weeks ago I was driving uphill on a somewhat busy narrow road through a small town and it was nearly dusk. A kid wearing all black was on a razor scooter heading downhill in the opposite direction at a fast speed. I saw him last minute coming around a sharp bend. I wanted to roll down my window and yell at him. Scared the daylights out of me. A few seconds later I passed cars going in the opposite direction. Wouldn’t surprise me if he got ran over.

Print this post thread with all out replies and give it to them to show them they are the problem not you!

Over the years I've almost ran into several people on the bike. And I'm only going 12-15. If I can't see them at that speed cars sure can't. I don't understand why people wear black and walk on the streets after dark.

Gross tonnage always has the right of way.

I tell my kids (who walk to school) even if you think you have the right of way, you always try to make eye contact with the driver and stay the heck out of the way. You’ll have the moral high ground from a coffin. I do the same thing while running especially since everyone is distracted while driving these days.
What if they have their windows (and windshield) blacked out? I'm not kidding. This has become normal here in Calif. The cops aren't doing anything about it either

No sidewalks here. Residential street built in the 50s. Road is narrow enough where if there was a car parked on both sides, right up against the lawn, the road becomes single lane. Most homes are set about 60ft from the curb, adding a sidewalk would be a challenge. Ontop of that - a lot of elevation changes that would require digging to even out.
Sounds like a pretty tight area. Anything much over 20 probably appears to be pretty reckless in an area like that... at least judging by your photos and description. Sounds a lot like my neighborhood, I don't care if the default speed limit is 30 (when not specifically posted) anyone going that fast in an area like that looks like a lunatic with no care for anyone else around them.

So I was headed home today and my neighbors got mad because apparently I almost hit them on a turn in the road. It is a residential street and I am doing 25 mph as usual. The speed limit here is 30. I can’t cut the corner short even slightly and always have to stay right because you can’t see oncoming traffic until you’re halfway through(had a close call a few years ago with an oncoming car turning wide). It won’t let me post the video footage but I posted some screen shots below with descriptions. The camera does pick up light abit better but still pretty close to what the human eye can see.

Were they overreacting or do I need to get my eyes checked?
You certainley have no eye problem. They have a common sense disorder.

I haven't read all the posts so don't know if anyone else mentioned it but it looks like your neighbor is wearing dark clothes and walking on the wrong side of the road (with the direction of traffic) instead fo the correct way: facing oncoming traffic

Back