My Dog Passed Away Yesterday

I am so so sorry that it happened, especially the way it did. I have lost numerous dogs and it is heart wrenching. You have my condolences.

So sorry for you and your wife Bill. If it’s not too painful for you, maybe post a pic of him? I’m sure others would like to see him too.
1708609067878.jpeg

1708609106590.jpeg

ouVxgz0.jpg

Sorry for your loss. Our daughter’s big sweet dog had a very similar event. The vet said it was a series of strokes. Her family and us (“grandparents “) are devastated. Dogs are gifts from God. He owns all of them a takes them back. We wish it didn’t happen so soon….

I’m so sorry you went through that. I lost two dogs on the same day a few years ago. Contender for worst day of my life.

You need to be around people. Being alone with grief is awful.

So sorry man.

I didn't cry when my father died, but I cried like a baby every time I lost a pet.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I have a poster on the wall that my Wife purchased after we lost one of my German Shepherds titled "Waiting at the Door (see below)

WAITING AT THE DOOR

I was just a pup when we first met,
I loved you from the start,
you picked me up and took me home
and placed me in your heart.
Good times we had together,
we shared all life could throw,
but years passed all too quickly,
my time has come to go.
I know how much you miss me,
I know your heart is sore,
I see the tears that fall when I'm not
Waiting at the Door.

You always did your best for me,
your love was plain to see,
for even though it broke your heart
you set my spirit free.
So please be brave without me,
one day we'll meet once more,
for when you're called to Heaven

I'll be Waiting at the Door

Ed

Condolences. It hurts, but focus on how he enhanced the quality of life for you for the years you had him.
Remember, he will always be with you spiritually if not physically.

I can understand how you feel. We lost our blue heeler back in 2018 and I can’t bring myself to have another. I’ve lost several dogs through the years and it’s been heart breaking every time, but I took Kiwi’s loss especially hard.
I understand the thought of giving another dog the loving home that our previous dogs had, and in return you’ll get the enjoyment of that companionship. But for me, I struggle getting past the thought of losing another and the grief that follows. Maybe that’ll change one day.
I am truly sorry for your loss and the grief that you’re going through. I hope that you can move forward knowing that you gave him a loving home and a great life.
After My wife had the last dog put down old and blind. it was 6 years since we had a dog and the Wife brought home a working Corgi pup and it is really nice having a dog. To me there is a hole in my heart that only a dog can fill.

Back